Sponsored

Order submitted GT premium. (Received 130 days later)

OP
OP
Treefrog

Treefrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium
It was built 6/18. Delayed some more. 7/26. But i don't believe this either.

I'm considering canceling and wanting for next gen. At this point best case scenario is i get it in August and drive it for 3 months. Then it stays in the garage for winter and it's a year old and a generation old.

Screenshot_20210714-181208_Chrome.jpg

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It’s a problem that isn’t.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Mine updated tonight

Screenshot_20210714-200614_Email.jpg

drgnrdr33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP, 2003 Marauder
Current chip industry predictions are that shortages will continue through 2022 and maybe into 2023. Raw material prices for chip manufacturing are rising 20-30% with expectations for price increases to keep occurring. The increases will be passed along to end customers.

If the above holds true we can expect 2022 model year build problems and significant price increases.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Treefrog

Treefrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium
Current chip industry predictions are that shortages will continue through 2022 and maybe into 2023. Raw material prices for chip manufacturing are rising 20-30% with expectations for price increases to keep occurring. The increases will be passed along to end customers.

If the above holds true we can expect 2022 model year build problems and significant price increases.
Yes. This is one thing keeping me from canceling. If i order a 2023 s650 next year it will be the same thing or worse. It a chip shortage issue not a covid thing. It's not going away anytime soon.

The other is we know nothing about the s650. I might not even like the way it looks ect. Hard to say I'll just get that when i don't know anything. Thus is probably why we don't know. If it was fully announced no one would buy current mustangs, they would just wait.

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
Yes. This is one thing keeping me from canceling. If i order a 2023 s650 next year it will be the same thing or worse. It a chip shortage issue not a covid thing. It's not going away anytime soon.

The other is we know nothing about the s650. I might not even like the way it looks ect. Hard to say I'll just get that when i don't know anything. Thus is probably why we don't know. If it was fully announced no one would buy current mustangs, they would just wait.
Treefrog.... stick your orange stickers on that car! You've waited this long. You will be very happy soon.

Look, I bought a 67 Shelby GT350 in 1973 and I still own this car. I was the original buyer at the dealership.... I got impatient... I walked. Only to know who bought it because the dealer had to make just one call. So 6 years it took me to buy that car from that first buyer. I still have that Shelby. And here we are 48 years later and all I gotta do is walk into my garage, open the door, turn the key and go.

I've owned many Mustangs... I still have four. My latest is the 2020 Race Red PP2 6 speed, 401A, leather recaros, magnaride and on and on..... Bought it from a dealer brand new on the lot in Omaha and had my transporter deliver it to me last November here in CT.

Patience is a good thing to have. Difficult times.

As an investor I've been buying semiconductor / programmable logic companies and have been for years. The race red PP2 was paid for by a portion of the money I made owning Nvidia (NVDA).
Go with the flow and find the opportunities when bad times happen.

Soon you'll be sitting in real performance and the wait will be worth it.

And this too shall pass. Luck and good times are around the corner!

Last edited:

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just think its strange that a car can be built and they dont have a better idea of when it will ship? The dealers should know when a truck is scheduled to arrive? With the amount of money that is on one of the trucks i would think Ford would be tracking where it is every step of the way? Dont they know how many cars fit on a truck and when the trucks will arrive, load and leave?

OP
OP
Treefrog

Treefrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium
Treefrog.... stick your orange stickers on that car! You've waited this long. You will be very happy soon.

Look, I bought a 67 Shelby GT350 in 1973 and I still own this car. I was the original buyer at the dealership.... I got impatient... I walked. Only to know who bought it because the dealer had to make just one call. So 6 years it took me to buy that car from that first buyer. I still have that Shelby. And here we are 48 years later and all I gotta do is walk into my garage, open the door, turn the key and go.

I've owned many Mustangs... I still have four. My latest is the 2020 Race Red PP2 6 speed, 401A, leather recaros, magnaride and on and on..... Bought it from a dealer brand new on the lot in Omaha and had my transporter deliver it to me last November here in CT.

Patience is a good thing to have. Difficult times.

As an investor I've been buying semiconductor / programmable logic companies and have been for years. The race red PP2 was paid for by a portion of the money I made owning Nvidia (NVDA).
Go with the flow and find the opportunities when bad times happen.

Soon you'll be sitting in real performance and the wait will be worth it.

And this too shall pass. Luck and good times are around the corner!

Thank you for your post. This is what I needed to hear.

OP
OP
Treefrog

Treefrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium
I just think its strange that a car can be built and they dont have a better idea of when it will ship? The dealers should know when a truck is scheduled to arrive? With the amount of money that is on one of the trucks i would think Ford would be tracking where it is every step of the way? Dont they know how many cars fit on a truck and when the trucks will arrive, load and leave?
They do. They also will not ship my car just for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Treefrog

Treefrog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt premium
It could also be one of the cars that is "built" but doesn't have the computers installed. Or it's stuck in the holding area behind other cars that aren't being moved for that reason.
Car is released and completely finished. I had my computer chips in April

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mone arrived but I'm on vacation, wont be able to get mine till Thursday.

Screenshot_20210719-221003_Brave.jpg