Sponsored

One heck of a pothole!

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Man do I miss living in Florida. Just hit a giant pothole I couldn't avoid on my way home from work. Kept on driving until I got home, and found this...:frusty:
Have a better night than I will, gonna go have a drink.
IMG_5586.jpg
Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Just be sure to leave you crack at home ;)

Damn that really sucks though. :/

Worth an insurance claim? This is one what I felt was a realistic big fear and is the reason I got triple car. I think this is one of the bigger things triple care actually covers. Maybe a good excuse to get some aftermarket rims.

sese

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sebastian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ouch, I can't believe it cracked like that...

I see several posts a month of members selling their 20inch foundry wheels. I would search the forum to see if one of them is close to you and you can buy one or more wheels. That way it is as simple as plug&play - Take the old one off, put the new one on. Most likely cheaper than going through insurance.

OP
OP

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
Just be sure to leave you crack at home ;)

Damn that really sucks though. :/

Worth an insurance claim? This is one what I felt was a realistic big fear and is the reason I got triple car. I think this is one of the bigger things triple care actually covers. Maybe a good excuse to get some aftermarket rims.
I may be able to look into that, or see if the State will pay for it (wishful thinking but hey there's a chance). There was another car pulled over about 100 yards up the road that must've hit it as well as I saw he had a flat. Somehow mine held air, and steering felt fine so I thought I was good.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
jesus christ, you got pics of this massive pot hole? I would definitely start with the state (good luck), had a friend that blasted one and luckily they covered it.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if a claim can be made against the city or county for the damage since it was caused by their disrepairred road.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I wonder if a claim can be made against the city or county for the damage since it was caused by their disrepairred road.
You can, results may vary though.

OP
OP

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
jesus christ, you got pics of this massive pot hole? I would definitely start with the state (good luck), had a friend that blasted one and luckily they covered it.
It was night time on the highway, so unfortunately not. May have to try to get some. Anyone think the tire will need replaced?

OP
OP

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
New image from the side. State charges $25 for a claim and I don't know the exact location it happened unless I drive back there. Not sure if it's even worth it.
IMG_5590.jpg

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Id be awfully surprised the tire lived thru that, normally it would break a belt and buckle the sidewall if it was enough to bend the rim. If you were to make a claim, claim the tire too.

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
That's a bang for sure, how much would a used replacement be for you, I do not recommend fixing it in any way.

OP
OP

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
That's a bang for sure, how much would a used replacement be for you, I do not recommend fixing it in any way.
Ya definitely buying a new one on Monday. What do you think about the tire? I'm kind of thinking it should be replaced for piece of mind as said above.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'd mount the tire personally and if it rides smooth and retains air, send it...

I have a "wheel warranty" I got with my car which I "negotiated in" and it apparently would cover any wheels on my car that the time (i.e., if I hurt one of my RAYS wheels it will be replaced but then only the RAYS wheels are covered). Kind of nice. I'm sure, if I ever need it, I will be told to fly a kite and get nothing, but... such is life.

Have your suspension components checked while you're in there.

OP
OP

N123456

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Gt Premium
I'd mount the tire personally and if it rides smooth and retains air, send it...

I have a "wheel warranty" I got with my car which I "negotiated in" and it apparently would cover any wheels on my car that the time (i.e., if I hurt one of my RAYS wheels it will be replaced but then only the RAYS wheels are covered). Kind of nice. I'm sure, if I ever need it, I will be told to fly a kite and get nothing, but... such is life.

Have your suspension components checked while you're in there.
Ya was going to have them check everything. It drove home fine and is still holding pressure somehow. Didn't feel any serious steering wobble or alignment issue so hoping it's just the wheel.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Ya was going to have them check everything. It drove home fine and is still holding pressure somehow. Didn't feel any serious steering wobble or alignment issue so hoping it's just the wheel.
Often the tire installer can see damage on the inside of the tire if there is any. Otherwise, if it is damaged, it'll cup or bulge in due time. You'll hear that - wum wum wum wum wum wum.
Sponsored