Sponsored

okey dokey here are my finally first impressions on my 15 Mustang GT

Jason Richardson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
So I picked her up this week: GT, 3.55s, Auto, Race Red. First impression on the dealership floor she looks ok.. Get her out to the roads and Im noticing virtuallly no reaction to the new Mustang. Yes one in a zillion people smipe but thats it. This is so counter to the rockstar status I got in my 05 for the first year I owned it. I think this just comes off as conservative mustang styling and some people just cant figure out much to notice. The 05s were so agressive, these seem a lil milquetoast on the appaearance. Many people didnt even know this was the new Mustang, peolly thinkin back to those sn95 mustangs. Anyway that part has me a bit disillusioned.

On to the drive, the only redeeming qualities of the mustang drive include that growlie 5.0 that you can punch in the midddle of grocery store parking lots or anywhere. But all in all he power seems subdued, kinda boring, its not the take off aggression I exected from previous Mustangs. It lacks some personality I would say. Never thought a Mustang would lack personality! Anyway I had my usual mustang fun driving in suburban main roads, gunning engines, and yeah its fast, but i dunno. I feel like my 05 Mustang with a 4.6 300 hp v8 was more fun! Crazy.

But all in all I love this car because its still a Mustang. They went in some different directions I dont really like, but its a rwd 5 liter 400 hp car. Cant go wrong with that
it just feels 70% to me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

jaja6009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No s550 yet :(
Maybe you were expecting more, but give her some time.

Was your last Stang a manual or auto? If you switched from manual to auto that could explain some of what you felt maybe.

Maybe the Mustang has gotten too refined for you. The S550 is a smooth ride and will attract some customers that would never think about a Mustang. While the S197 was still a truck axle Mustang that felt more raw, well because it was. No piped in exhaust needed in that car.

Congrats on your new car.

dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Conv V6 4.0; 2016 BMW 340i
I still get looks in my 2007 V6 convertible. That being said, I still think this new version is great in its own way. It does remind me of SN95, looking less muscle car like, but this is what brings the money in for Ford. They needed to refine it.

I test drove the car multiple times and I still want it...

Streetcar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Coupes, cobras etc. had them all
Get a viper even a used one and you will be a rockstar.

Sponsored

NavyChief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang TY
Why you even by the car then?:headbonk:

peppersam740

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
New mustang

Refer to post #1 .. His city explains a lot about his reasoning.
Sponsored