Sponsored

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The NT05 has been great for the street. The wet weather traction is not quite as good as the MPSS, but they are much cheaper...
Considering the price difference, I would absolutely buy the NT05 again. Most people say that they are a noisy tire, but I didn't find them to be that bad until they were really worn down. My only complaints were that the 05s created a bit of tire residue, and they didn't last as long as I hoped. However the last part is mostly my own fault, since I am far from easy on tires.

Hope that helps.
They are about $200 less than mpss not so much but when you are spending +$1000 on tires $200 is not much of a difference.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Need4SpeedMotors

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Just a couple of questions - are the Nitto NT05's suitable for the street?

How do they compare with Michelin MPSS on price?

I'm not planning on taking my S550 to the track.
The NT05 is a good performance tire, the MPSS is a good all around tire better in rain thats for sure, but price is a bit more.

I just installed these set of wheels and they are really good looking specially on react red. I m running mpss and bmr performance springs. Just heads up to anyone that is going to run these wheels with mpss tires, you will need spacers 5mm. My inner tire is rubbing against the struts and very very close to the rear shocks. Love the bmr springs and they are not even aggressive drop at all. Wish the offset was 5mm less on all the wheels.
what tire specs you running? this setup is a no rub application its mild to say the least compared to other setups I do.

Let me know so I can help advise on this for you.

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
They are about $200 less than mpss not so much but when you are spending +$1000 on tires $200 is not much of a difference.
Oh oops.... When I wrote that I was thinking of the Sport Cup 2s, since that was what I was comparing with when I bought mine, haha. :headbonk:
I'm okay... I swear...

Still, I've been pretty happy with my NT05. MPSS is a great driver tire and will give better rain performance, though. Either way I think you'll be pretty happy.

I just installed these set of wheels and they are really good looking specially on react red. I m running mpss and bmr performance springs. Just heads up to anyone that is going to run these wheels with mpss tires, you will need spacers 5mm. My inner tire is rubbing against the struts and very very close to the rear shocks. Love the bmr springs and they are not even aggressive drop at all. Wish the offset was 5mm less on all the wheels.
You shouldn't have rubbing issues with that set up. I'm running a more aggressive spring and have never had an issue and have friends who have gone even more extreme than myself without a problem. What size are you running, and on what wheel offset- the M350 10"? I would go back through and make sure everything is correct with your installation. You shouldn't need spacers at all.

Last edited:

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Running 19x10 front and 19x11 rear. 305-35-19 and 275-35-19

everything is installed correctly.

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey

Sponsored

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
any gal willing to lay in the street for taking photos of her hubbys car is a keeper.
Uh, well I took that one:D Sorry didn't want her to lay down on the ground, but she suggested it:thumbsup:

Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
Hi Paul,

While waiting for the wheels can you give me some guide to pricing for Michelin MPSS and Nitto NT05 in the following sizes please?

1) 275/35/19

2) 305/35/19

Thanks
Sponsored