OEM clutch line problem?

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
From time to time, and after I've driven the car for a while and it's really warmed up, if not hot, the clutch pedal will come further up, about 3/4 inch or so.

When this happens, it adversely affects the clutch and shifting. The friction point where the clutch engages is further up and the shifts are not as smooth.

After the car has sat overnight and cooled off, the clutch pedal is back in its normal position and all is fine.

This happened again yesterday about half way into a 400 mile road trip.

Is this the OEM clutch line malfunctioning? I thought I read something about how the non-braided line can swell when it gets hot and maybe that's what's happening?

Just FYI, I removed the clutch assist spring a year and half ago and I like the feel much better when the clutch and pedal are performing correctly.

I'm thinking about swapping out the OEM clutch line with Steeda's or Ford Racing's braided line, hoping this will solve the problem. I might also install Steeda's clutch pedal assist spring.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Mine does this as well but at random times. I have the steeda spring installed so it isn't the spring IMO.

OP
OP
BeauxXL1200

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Mine does this as well but at random times. I have the steeda spring installed so it isn't the spring IMO.
Thanks for the reply.

I went ahead and ordered the Steeda spring yesterday, although based on your experience, that's not the problem.

My next step will be replacing the clutch line.

Let me know if you get this figured out. It's a head scratcher for sure. :cheers:

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Seems like there is air in the line and it needs bled further. Even with longtubes and a lot of racing, the stock line has never given me an issue.
Sponsored