OEM 2020 Bullitt car cover VKR3Z-19A412-A

MartyM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Purchased this not expecting to need it as car is garaged. In doing kitchen renovation, Bullitt was moved outside to accommodate storage of kitchen cabinets. Cover worked admirably protecting from elements and tree pollen.

Before posting the following questions extensive searches were performed. The Ford product description mentions nothing about these issues and YouTube searches came up empty.

1. On installing cover, noticed a grommet at bottom of each side of cover about midway between front and back. Realized this is for securing against wind. Did not find a strap included and notice the grommets don't have holes for attaching a rope or bungee cord. It appears some sort of strap end fitting can snap into these grommets.
a. Can anyone confirm a tie down strap came with their OEM Bullitt Cover that works with grommets?
b. Anyone know where to purchase this?
2. There is a storage bag attached to the inside of cover. Sort of folded up cover and stuffed it in bag not eloquently. Anyone have directions for folding?
Sponsored

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
1. This was included in the box with the cover i got:
IMG_0843.jpg

obviously it is the tie down cord intended for use with the cover. i didn’t try to use this so i cant comment on its compatibility with the grommets, dont know where you would get one. i use a 36” bungee cord from the hardware store for my truck. probably do the same for the Bullitt if the cover needs to be secured.
2. only unfolding instructions come with the cover, no folding instructions. i guess you could do the same in reverse to fold it. i’ll probably do that, then toss it in the trunk for storage.

OP
OP

MartyM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Wow, looks like I missed out on receiving the high tech cover tie down. :) Have a 100' of that rope. Instead will go for a $5.00 bungee cord
Sponsored