Odd launch today

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
First attempt from a dead stop today, paxton, and I have nittos on the rear. It was in D, TC off, drag mode. Pedal to the floor, yep as expected tires broke loose (need to install my suspension) some and hopped, as it got into 2nd or 3rd (not sure which gear) it felt like TC turn the car off or something, I looked down is I think it had shifted up a few years and was around 4k on the tach. I let out of it and thought that was weird. Lund did mention when I was doing some WOT shifts for tuning (in drag mode and TC off) that TC was still working. They had me do subsequent pulls in S. So in D even with TC off and in drag mode it appears TC is still working. Is this correct? Should I have Lund look into it? Unfortunately I wasn't data logging.
Sponsored

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
First attempt from a dead stop today, paxton, and I have nittos on the rear. It was in D, TC off, drag mode. Pedal to the floor, yep as expected tires broke loose (need to install my suspension) some and hopped, as it got into 2nd or 3rd (not sure which gear) it felt like TC turn the car off or something, I looked down is I think it had shifted up a few years and was around 4k on the tach. I let out of it and thought that was weird. Lund did mention when I was doing some WOT shifts for tuning (in drag mode and TC off) that TC was still working. They had me do subsequent pulls in S. So in D even with TC off and in drag mode it appears TC is still working. Is this correct? Should I have Lund look into it? Unfortunately I wasn't data logging.
Did you only have TC off or was adv. trac off too (holding TC button for 8 seconds)?

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I did not know I needed to do that. So hold the toggle switch up for 8 second? Makes sense why it was doing it during my other pulls as well.

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I did not know I needed to do that. So hold the toggle switch up for 8 second? Makes sense why it was doing it during my other pulls as well.
Yeah, hold TC toggle switch for about 8 seconds. You will see an adv track off message in the message area. What you experienced with car seeming to shut down is expected with adv track still on.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Yeah, hold TC toggle switch for about 8 seconds. You will see an adv track off message in the message area. What you experienced with car seeming to shut down is expected with adv track still on.
Awesome, thanks, was looking at a thread on it now, sounds like what was happening, probably and the 1-2 shift it said nope and have up on me.

Sponsored

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Yeah, but it kicked in to save your ass...so be damn careful.

It is amazing how fast things go pear-shaped.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Yeah, but it kicked in to save your ass...so be damn careful.

It is amazing how fast things go pear-shaped.
I was tracking straight and in control, and being careful. The nittos made a significant difference. I tried with the stock tires pre-paxton and it got out of control, and had to let off. Today was way less violent, and no issues on control; with almost double the power.
Sponsored