Sponsored

OBD Shift light finally developed

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic
So back in April when I got my new mustang, I was searching and searching for a simple "plug and play" shift light. Well, these DONT exist anymore for new cars, because there is no "coil" anymore, all RPM signals run through the CANBUS (unless you get a converter, which costs about $130, then add another 100$ for a decent shift light). Spending $200-$250 seemed fairly ridiculous for basically a simple thing such as a few LEDs that light up with RPMs.

so I found this company called Fast Lane Innovations. They had a cool product that works from your phone via OBD that allows you to record car data for use on the track and such. They also had a sequential shift light option for their dongle, but it was Not OBD (meaning you still had to use that damn signal converter).

So I managed to get a hold of the owner / developer of the product, and gave him this idea of using basically any ELM32 bluetooth dongle (those $10 ebay ones for example nearly always work for me) to work through his app and his sequential shift light. I also asked him to develop a Bluetooth Relay bank that worked from his app, so that you could enable relays based on things like vehicle speed, RPM, throttle, etc.

Just about 2 weeks ago he emailed me back with the OBD shift light product launch! The entire package (not including the BT dongle) is only like $140, and you dont have to hack into the cars wiring!

https://fastlaneinnovations.com/product/sequential-shift-light/

he is still working on the BT relay bank, which I am excited to get because I wanted to install an Intercooler Sprayer that activated based on RPM / Throttle / inlet air temps without having to glue switches to my throttle pedal and having wires all over the place.

until that comes up, I just wanted to share this guys new product because I think its neat, and it was also kind of my idea lol.

*he did not ask i put a post up, i just wanted to share after i saw a thread about a DIY shift light that someone made, and others showed interest in it.
Sponsored