Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
LOL it took me nearly 45mins just to get the airbag off,one of the release springs just kept refusing to let go.
I recall once when I was young, inexperienced and working in the dark it took me 45 minutes to release two airbags in the car but it was a catch rather than a spring that was the problem :giggle:
Sponsored

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
LOL it took me nearly 45mins just to get the airbag off,one of the release springs just kept refusing to let go.
I would have freaked out and abandoned if it too me that long :) . I practiced on the new wheel, with a 3mm allen key to get a feel for the tension and how to position it. Came off quite easily, so i was lucky

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
C4379F8B-0BC0-44F9-A23D-6AEDABE783CE.jpeg

Going in for its 5 year service tomorrow.

I always wash it the day before it gets serviced so that they aren’t tempted to do it with their dirty rags.

The laminated “PLEASE DO NOT WASH THIS CAR” sign on the dashboard should be sufficient, but you can never be too careful.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

I always wash it the day before it gets serviced so that they aren’t tempted to do it with their dirty rags.

The laminated “PLEASE DO NOT WASH THIS CAR” sign on the dashboard should be sufficient, but you can never be too careful.
And get the service rep to write it on the job sheet as well.

Sponsored

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
And get the service rep to write it on the job sheet as well.
Yeah, I always make sure to do that also.

I was driving past one of those Crystal Car Wash places the other day and was horrified to see a late model GT coupe in the queue.

Some people do not GAF.

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT

I remember the days when we were tracking these cars getting built, shipped etc. Can't believe it's been 5 years, I had to get a pink slip for the first time last week to get her registered :shock:

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I remember the days when we were tracking these cars getting built, shipped etc. Can't believe it's been 5 years, I had to get a pink slip for the first time last week to get her registered :shock:
Yeah, I was surprised to see that requirement on the rego papers - thought we had another year.

They're doing that tomorrow also.

You planning on upgrading the oil cooler @peterdee, or are you just going to run the gauntlet?

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

I had my first dealer visit last week so I set the boundaries out early on and very clearly - no wash and no test drive ... lol

I have this to hang on the rear view when my cars go in :

1616928905775.jpeg

It says the same thing but in bold text on the other side.

I also programmed a MyKey as restrictive as I could.

MyKey didn’t even clock 0.1 of a mile, the odometer clocked onto its next 0.1 of a mile. They didn’t even move the car out of the workshop, they let me drive it out when I arrived :like:

Hopefully that’s set the boundaries / expectations for future visits ... :like:

WD :like:

Ash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yep.

Plus an additional $187 for installation.

They are referred to as stealerships for a reason.
Mate, I have just logged on after years but have a stock GT decklid if you want. That price feom the dealer is a ripoff. DM me if you are still looking.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Mate, I have just logged on after years but have a stock GT decklid if you want. That price feom the dealer is a ripoff. DM me if you are still looking.
Thanks Ash, much appreciate your offer. :thumbsup:

I managed to secure one from a third party.

Thanks again!
Sponsored

Reactions: Ash