avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Auto glass did mine when i had my 15,within a week and the proper Ford RHD glass
Sponsored

OP
OP
Harebear72

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
That's interesting/frightening given my insurance through broker A-Plan only covers windscreens up to £500.
Would be very interested if anyone has any windscreen replacement experiences backed up with figures as I may need to have a word with my broker...
If you send me a pm with your email I can email you the estimate that I have been given.

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
That's interesting/frightening given my insurance through broker A-Plan only covers windscreens up to £500.
Would be very interested if anyone has any windscreen replacement experiences backed up with figures as I may need to have a word with my broker...

This is a bit concerning, I've just read my max payout on a screen with A plan is £1000, did you have word with them

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
This is a bit concerning, I've just read my max payout on a screen with A plan is £1000, did you have word with them
I discussed online with Carlie Norwell who can be found in the FB groups, however she told me that it was common amongst insurers. I knew this was largely BS however which you've confirmed as your insurer covers twice as much as mine. I've pretty much got everything crossed until renewal in November when I'll be moving away from A-Plan if they can't offer anything better.

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Same happened when I had my GT.

Woke up to find a massive crack right across screen.

Autoglass came out the next day with a Ford OEM part but after he had removed the old screen he found an aberration in the new one where the laminate was not bonded together properly.

Meant I had to leave car outside house so he could return the next day with another screen.

Just annoying as I was going away for 4 days and wanted the car.

All good in the end and just cost £75 for the excess.

Check the rain sensor which attaches up by the rear view mirror though. Removing it from the old screen and leaving it hanging for 48 hours meant that it's stickyness reduced and it didn't work properly until I realised what had happened.

Sponsored

Heretian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex GT in TY. Now GT Shadow in RR
For those with A-Plan and worried about your windscreen amount, who is your actual insurer? Just checked my policy documents supplied by A-Plan and no mention of an upper limit. Just a £100 excess.

For reference I'm with Markerstudy.

Last edited:

mustangguy64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Convertible
For those with A-Plan and worried about your windscreen amount, who is your actual insurer? Just checked my policy documents supplied by A-Plan and no mention of an upper limit. Just a £100 excess.

For reference I'm with Markerstudy.
And, Markerstudy also own Auto Windscreens.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
KGM for me.
The £500 limit on glass was in the terms and conditions that I had to sign prior to the policy being taken out and confirmed it with them at the time.
Would be interesting to know if KGM do provide insurance with no limit on glass cover as A-Plan specifically told me that this limitation was common across policies.

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
I'm just at the Ford dealer now , just asked , the over the counter price is £1300+ vat for a front screen
Sponsored