Sponsored

NOT HAPPY - BROKEN WINDSCREEN

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Not a happy bunny today, yesterday i had a large stone flick up and hit my screen, scared the s**t out of me but all good. Got in the car last night and I have a 20 " crack all along the screen so it needs replacing.

Called insurers today and passed onto National Windscreens - No call yet to sort but have spoken with a friend of a friend who told me its a dealer only part which will take a week or so and would you believe me if I told you the cost is ÂŁ2208 inc vat and fitting ?????

Anyway, dont think i'm going to be get away with using the car this weekend so not best pleased !

fingers crossed they get their finger out their a****s and order me a screen.

:mad::mad:
Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
:eyebulge:Bloody hell

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ahh that's annoying. Count yourself lucky however...today is day 44 this year Ford have had mine! They STILL haven't sorted it! At least with a windscreen it's an easy fix, even if they are slow to get it done.

I wonder if you'll get one with or without the Ford logo? IIRC someone on here had a replacement that was "unbranded". Personally I'd want the Ford logo!

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
Is it not covered by the insurers ?
certainly should be with the usual ÂŁ50 excess insurance companies have a clause though usually that something like "fitted with 3rd party manufactured oem spec item" because the screens you get are a lot cheaper.

However someone on here had a cracked screen and started a thread about it turns out no OEM is making mustang screens as the demand was too low so they had to order one from ford. The journey went something like "glass made in USA shipped to germany > germany seals 2 panes together and makes vacum gap and seal > screen shipped to usa for "finishing" > screen shipped to UK for delivery" if I remember rightly it took about 10 weeks for it to arrive in the UK and be fitted

Sponsored

OP
OP
Harebear72

Harebear72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT Fastback
Please dont say this !!!!!

I have it on good authority that this is only a week to get in from Ford (although until its ordered I will take this with a pinch of sort) - This is what the friend of a friend told me.

I have informed my insurers and been passed to National Windscreens who I am still awaiting a call from. My screen will be covered subject to the policy excess of ÂŁ75.00.

TBH I dont want national to touch my car as I had had issues in the past with customers so would rather my car goes elsewhere but I may be stuck with them. awaiting a call and we can go from there.

Fingers crossed

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

I have it on good authority that this is only a week to get in from Ford (although until its ordered I will take this with a pinch of sort) - This is what the friend of a friend told me.

I have informed my insurers and been passed to National Windscreens who I am still awaiting a call from. My screen will be covered subject to the policy excess of ÂŁ75.00.

TBH I dont want national to touch my car as I had had issues in the past with customers so would rather my car goes elsewhere but I may be stuck with them. awaiting a call and we can go from there.

Fingers crossed
just sit and watch them, they'll be sure not to c0ck up then.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
the windscreens are really delicate because of how they're bonded in heavy handed fitting will crack the new screen, not fitting it right will crack the new screen, putting too much bond on one corner will crack the new screen.

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
just sit and watch them, they'll be sure not to c0ck up then.
You’ve clearly never had a customer breathing down your neck whilst trying to repair something have you. Don’t do this, it’s super off putting and me personally will make more stupid mistakes if someone is watching me.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Called insurers today and passed onto National Windscreens - No call yet to sort but have spoken with a friend of a friend who told me its a dealer only part which will take a week or so and would you believe me if I told you the cost is ÂŁ2208 inc vat and fitting ?????
That's interesting/frightening given my insurance through broker A-Plan only covers windscreens up to ÂŁ500.
Would be very interested if anyone has any windscreen replacement experiences backed up with figures as I may need to have a word with my broker...

Sponsored

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Yeah I second that, nothing worse than a customer watching over your shoulder while your trying to do something delicate!

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
DO not let national windscreen anywhere near your car. Use auto glass / or any other fitter. National ballsed up my easy to come by Volvo screen and then tried to hide the problems with a fat rubber strip badly glued over the top edge. After their second visit I was lucky enough to get another crack which auto glass then replaced properly. I will never deal with national again!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
You’ve clearly never had a customer breathing down your neck whilst trying to repair something have you. Don’t do this, it’s super off putting and me personally will make more stupid mistakes if someone is watching me.
I get it alllllllllllllll the time. It's annoying, but they'll point out any issues if there's as pedantic as us lot

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
autoglass did mine, WHEN I had a mustang :)

they replaced mine with ford branded glass within 2 days of me making the call

Fingers crossed
Sponsored