North Jersey Good Tire Shops

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Does anyone know of a good tire installation shop in North Jersey? It’s so hard to find a place that can properly install tires without damaging anything and leaving a bunch of scratches on the wheels. Unfortunately, one of my PS4S tires that I got a year ago got 2 nails in it within the past 3 months and went completely flat. They are 325/30/19 so already there are many places that will say they don’t have the ability to install. Last year I went to a high end place that always has Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Rolls Royce’s, etc. in the shop, so one would think they’d be careful yet they still damaged one of the wheels (after paying quite a hefty fee for mount and balance). Thankfully they took responsibility and had it refinished, but it never ends up looking as good as it did when new (they were brand new rims then by the way). It also came back looking like somehow there was a slight bend in it, but I let it go at that point, although still not happy about it. So needless to say, I’m not really sure where to go where I’ll be assured the wheel will come out looking the same as when I bring it, so looking for any suggestions.
Sponsored

mustang6t9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang Fastback, 2015 Mustang V6 coupe
I've had very good results at AZP Installs in Kenilworth. They are mainly a Subaru Tuner shop, but have top of the line Hunter equipment. They have the Roadforce balancer, and the completely touchless mounting machine. Very nice to deal with, they actually care about cars, unlike your typical tire shop.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I used to use New Vernon Coach & Motor Works when I lived in North Jersey, basically right off exit 30 on 287. Smaller shop with experienced mechanics and they work on anything from Fords to Ferraris. If you've ever seen the red Vector W8 that has made its rounds on youtube (reviewed by Doug Demuro), that car was restored to driving condition by this shop.
Sponsored