Sponsored

No Key Detected

gotboost?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow
Twice in the last couple weeks, same gas station but not every time. I get out, but it won't lock and upon starting attempt "key not detected". Each time it took about 5 full minutes before it recognized key and started. No cell phone nor any other electronic device near key. So is the car "rebooting", or should I simply avoid this station? I've been going to this station for years, and my Lexus never had this problem.
Sponsored

Trailhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible
Assuming that there is not another car key fob hanging next to the Mustang FOB and the battery in the fob is good, the only other thing I can think of is interference. The NA built car fobs transmit at 315 Mhz. Its possible your Lexus has a Fob that is on a different frequency so that was why it was not affected.

315 Mhz frequency is also used for gate / garage door openers and security systems. Its possible that the station has one of those devices and it is transmitting a signal stronger than the signal from your FOB so the car is unable to receive the information it needs to unlock.

Hope this helps!

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Twice in the last couple weeks, same gas station but not every time. I get out, but it won't lock and upon starting attempt "key not detected". Each time it took about 5 full minutes before it recognized key and started. No cell phone nor any other electronic device near key. So is the car "rebooting", or should I simply avoid this station? I've been going to this station for years, and my Lexus never had this problem.
No idea, but in pinch you can remove the cup holder lining and inert the fob in the slot in the rear cup holder. Should start right up.