Sponsored

No. 1964, 50 Year Limited Edition 2015 Mustang To Be Auctioned at Barrett-Jackson

Wild Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT
Where is this #1 auction?

#1 is Bill Fords...

The #1 is a random drawing for the 1/1 convertible...thx Mike
Ah my bad. I was thinking that #1 gt was actually a limited edition.
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
My comment was a failed attempt at humor. Sorry for ruffling any feathers or causing any confusion. I think Mriley (& others) has the scenario correct. VIN #5300001 was auctioned for$300k at Barret Jackson. The F-35 edition was auctioned at EAA Airventure this past weekend (results still unknown). The last (#1964) LE will be auctioned off in September as per the OP. Finally, the 1/1 LE convertible will be raffled off later this month.

I was referring to the odds of winning a lottery such as Powerball or Mega-millions where your odss of winning are worse than 1 in 150 million. The odds of winning the 1/1 LE vert is 1 in 100,000.
You didn't ruffle feathers. I was just trying to figure out if Bill was actually selling his car.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Does anyone know if these auctions are open to the public? Can I buy a ticket and attend?
Yes, you can get them on the Barrett Jackson website ($27 on Saturday) or buy the $5000 hospitality package (super fun times if you like cars)

sanluis09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang LE
So does this mean that all the LEs will be built before the end of September or are they just going to put 1964 on the plaque and claim that it's the last LE built?

+1

I'm wondering the same thing....but I'm pretty sure that this would be definitely the last LE car. So, as a result, all LEs would be ready before that day.

Any more comments?

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Magnetic/Ebony
Yes, you can get them on the Barrett Jackson website ($27 on Saturday) or buy the $5000 hospitality package (super fun times if you like cars)
Thank you! Now I just need them to nail down which day it will be auctioned and I can buy a ticket. I wonder if they will hit local dealers sooner than that?

Sponsored

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Thank you! Now I just need them to nail down which day it will be auctioned and I can buy a ticket. I wonder if they will hit local dealers sooner than that?
If you watch their site, the catalog will be up in a few weeks. These charity cars usually have a guaranteed time for TV. The first couple hundred should be on the streets by then.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
+1

I'm wondering the same thing....but I'm pretty sure that this would be definitely the last LE car. So, as a result, all LEs would be ready before that day.

Any more comments?
It is making its public debut a week before serial #500 is built, It would be safe to say it will be out of sequence. Generally speaking the sequence number is not necessarily built in order. All like cars are built together.

HrsePwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE #735
Ford's already breaking the sequence by interspersing LE VINs (550XXXX)with all other VINS (53XXXXX), why is it so implausible for them to slap the 1,964 badge/VIN on any of the LEs they build regardless of numerical order?

BrettB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50th Anniversary LE
I wish we could get an answer from Ford on if this No. 1964 is going to built out of order or if it is really the last LE built.

apexclipper

Threads
Reaction score
The televised Barrett Jackson auctions have become so commercialized and filled with senseless "fluff" that they've become unwatchable.

On average, actual auction coverage (cars being auctioned on stage) now runs about 12 minutes an hour. The rest is the nonsense (e.g. "April Rose") and seemingly endless strings of commercials.

What was once something to look forward to has become something to avoid.

No thanks.

Sponsored

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
The televised Barrett Jackson auctions have become so commercialized and filled with senseless "fluff" that they've become unwatchable.

On average, actual auction coverage (cars being auctioned on stage) now runs about 12 minutes an hour. The rest is the nonsense (e.g. "April Rose") and seemingly endless strings of commercials.

What was once something to look forward to has become something to avoid.

No thanks.
Echo that sentiment. I record on DVR and spend most of my time fast-forwarding through commercials and "fluff" segments.

Racerzx

New ford press release has some more details...

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...-limited-edition-mustang-to-be-auctioned.html

After the Get Your Heart Racing Pit Party in Detroit, attention turns to Las Vegas for the Barrett-Jackson auction. Mustang No. 1,964 can be built to the customer’s specifications including being produced in either Kona Blue or Wimbledon White.

The winning bidder has the option to transform Mustang No. 1,964 into a one-of-a-kind replica of the official Ford Championship Weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway pace car, or keep it as stock. According to Barrett-Jackson, pace cars have been among the most desirable vehicles in years past. As a final bonus, the winning bidder can choose to have a free supercharger installed to increase the horsepower of the legendary pony car.

In addition to the pride of owning this custom car, the auction winner will receive a VIP package to the Ford Championship Weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Nov. 14-16, where a preproduction unit of the 50 Years Limited Edition Mustang will pace the race.

The winning package includes airfare, hotel accommodations and two VIP tickets to the track. As part of the experience, the winning bidder has the opportunity to ride along in the official pace car as a Ford NASCAR driver completes hot laps around Homestead-Miami Speedway prior to the race.
Lucky bastid whoever wins this.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Win? Sounds like pay through the nose... :) don't these auctions go for hundreds of thousands?