New Viking Crusaders, 19 GT 2650TVS help

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
2019 Mustang GT premium , Edelbrock 2650 TVS Supercharger...everything else stock....ordered the drag valve crusaders for the rear....because I love the same ones on my 67 Camaro ( front viking double adjustable coil overs) and trusted them....they were a great company to work with on that project.
After installing mine I had the immediate rattle ( via photos on there I have confirmed I have the new revision aka E clip and oring using the stock lock nut. Installed with the supplied washer and Lock nuts on the bottom. I set the car down loading the lower control arm a bit and installed....I fully expected the additional road noise which to my experience can be tuned to lessen on my other car...and wanted the rebound control as I've put a lot of extra weight over the nose....however the low speed clunking is a no go....VERY disappointed with this thread as I looked to see what I done wrong.....I was already making video proudly extolling the virtues of Viking Crusaders being my first suspension mod to be followed by BMR IRS stuff....and am truly saddened both because I am disabled and it hurts me bad to this labor in open air on Jack stands I will pain sweat thru tonight and many to come for doing this "upgrade" I wanted to race for the first time in a while tomorrow with my first ever new car but it sounds like the rear end is falling out......even sadder I can already tell a performance difference even if significantly over powered tires....I almost went into a culvert on video a few says back and I can say locking in some rebound with my increased front static weight was already paying dividends but it's not worth that rattle...my car has 3k miles on it and the Edelbrock blower drives like stock wouldn't even know it was there if I didnt tell you ( in cabin ) very disappointed in Viking and anyone pushing these for our cars...I got no disclaimer of noisy ( rattles and clunks aren't simply road noise ) simply if your car makes over 600 ( I make 730s) use crusader........
Any alternatives yet I just can't believe viking turned out this shitty a product , I'm really primarily concerned about rebound....
Any new suggestions in a post I missed ? I'm new to Ford and the s550 chassis...I did use the stock bump stop and I'm at stock wide height used for dust covers....I don't even understand the function of the oring on the shaft lol.....
Any guidance is appreciated...road noise fine that's what I bargained for clanking is a no go on a new car....
Anyone else for at least rebound adjustable? I went with viking because I trusted them after my and my cousins experience on our first gen ( sold his set )
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Are you sure they are installed right? I can’t imagine a damper making a rattling noise unless something was loose.

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Are you sure they are installed right? I can’t imagine a damper making a rattling noise unless something was loose.
I found a post where BMR was even involved because its already been redesigned once for this rattle, unbeknownst to me, as the worked so well with the same valving in the rear on my 67 and similar on front I did just assume normal viking quality BUT that thread is 2 years old. Just a shot in the dark hoping someone found a work around by now or there was an alternative to them yet ( double adjustable rears). Basically as I read it by the end of the thread viking had tried to redesign and remove the rattle/clunk but without much excess and BMR simply put a disclaimer these work good at track but sound like ass doing it LOL.....which is a disclaimer I wasn't privy to it's a shame BMR was my next stop for mods I didn't even know they were involved in selling these.....

I basically done everything I read in that older thread to alleviate it and, at least at it's time, confirmed I have the redesigned rod and bushing version for the s550.....
$560 down the the drain...sure it's fine for a straight header drag car...

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Hopefully someone else will chime in. I was about to pull the trigger on a full set of the crusaders. With the bmr drag springs.

Last edited:
OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Dont!!!!! Or I got some used 10 miles I can sell you ;) ....Now that I'm looking I keep finding reference to it and why ( as i am fighting an Ebay case on them ( had 15% off coupon) but I'd much rather find a solution I'm disabled and i.hurt myself bad installing these may have to go to urgent care this morning ) here is another excerpt from BMR tech on the issue I found....
"
BMR Tech said: ↑
Good stuff Lee!

Viking has been working non-stop on the rattle issues.

The issue is, the angle at which the S550 shocks work at through travel. I am sure you notice, but they are at a drastic angle in relation to the lower and upper mounts."

Clarification though, its beefcake not BMR, whom to his credit puts a disclaimer basically saying they are badass for drag racing but noisey at least he let's his customers know...

I'm looking at Steeda now...they have moints and shocks...can get both for slightly more than just the Vikings not on sale...I only make 750hp but the weigh over the nose really unloads the car in short order though they rattle and clunk I could already tell a difference, it at least didnt shot me straight toward the ditch on the 2-3 hehe

OP
OP

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Btw I couldn't imagine it either which is why I bought them especially when I've used them and sold at least 2 sets on a different platform....I double checked I even jacked the lower control arm up and simulated loaded geometry somewhat...I had a few ideas that might help then I come and goggled s550 viking clunking rattle, good lord at the hits....
Sponsored