New PB - 11.32 @ 122.97 on stock tune

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
hows those ET bias rears work with the fronts being radials ? do you get any lane walk out on the topend..
I was wondering the same thing!?? Also, I don't travel with spare tires and sometimes unload my car for sightseeing tours between races. How does your car feel off track?
Sponsored

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering the same thing!?? Also, I don't travel with spare tires and sometimes unload my car for sightseeing tours between races. How does your car feel off track?
So far on my passes with this setup, I have only experienced a slight movement on back half of the track once but it wasn't major. I drove my car to/from the track on the wheel/tire setup with no issues (60 mi each way). I had 26 lbs (cold) in rear tires and 42 lbs (cold) in fronts. The fronts are a bit harsh on rough roads but not awful. I had both city and highway driving with no problems. I kept plenty of space between me and the car in front of me and took turns and curves easy/slow.

For quick trips around or under that distance, I would say it worked well but I wouldn't want to make any longer trips on the setup, especially without a spare in case something happens.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
So far on my passes with this setup, I have only experienced a slight movement on back half of the track once but it wasn't major. I drove my car to/from the track on the wheel/tire setup with no issues (60 mi each way). I had 26 lbs (cold) in rear tires and 42 lbs (cold) in fronts. The fronts are a bit harsh on rough roads but not awful. I had both city and highway driving with no problems. I kept plenty of space between me and the car in front of me and took turns and curves easy/slow.

For quick trips around or under that distance, I would say it worked well but I wouldn't want to make any longer trips on the setup, especially without a spare in case something happens.
Thanks, I have considered switching to a non radial drag slick, ran them on both track and street (back in the day), But was only running in the high teens and maybe 75 MPH back then!

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I have considered switching to a non radial drag slick, ran them on both track and street (back in the day), But was only running in the high teens and maybe 75 MPH back then!
If you plan to mix rear bias ply and front radial, the front radial being a skinny will help reduce the top end movement but no guarantees. The only reason I went front radial is I wanted something I could (if I had to) drive on the street and since my rears are older, once they are done, I will probably replace with MT ET Street R.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Screenshot_2021-01-18-16-27-01.png

That's about what I'm running now... No complaints overall, but I would go with the 28s, not the 26" tires as I did.

Sponsored

OP
OP

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Screenshot_2021-01-18-16-27-01.png

That's about what I'm running now... No complaints overall, but I would go with the 28s, not the 26" tires as I did.
Yeah, my rear tires are 26" tall too and while they hook, I cross the traps just barely in 7th due to the 3.55 gear and stock tune shifting into 7th at ~6600 RPM. That is probably costing me some ET and MPH. A tune should fix that by running out the shift points to 7500.

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT Shadow Black 401a A10 3.15 gear
I was Thinking of going with 26” tall tire. Thinking it benefit me more because I’ve got the 3.15 gears’

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I was Thinking of going with 26” tall tire. Thinking it benefit me more because I’ve got the 3.15 gears’
The 26" tire will help with the 3:15 gear (as it does mine). I'm even able to launch in 2nd gear with my 10spd transmission.
But I am hoping to make a complete rearend change and bump up to a taller tire by spring of 2022!?
Sponsored