Sponsored

Selask23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Hello everybody, I am a new forum member and considering purchasing a 2015-2017 GT. I know just about everything LS (had a N/A built 5th gen camaro) but am fairly new to the coyote platform and know just about the bare minimum. I'm interested in a GT with the auto 6 speed and my plan will be to boost the car and daily drive (even in winter). I have tons of questions but I'll start with the basics.

I will be using the ESS supercharger kit paired with bolt ons (headers, exhaust, 18+ manifold, 90mm throttlebody) and will be shooting for 550-650hp. From my research, I know the engine will reliably handle that (right?), but will the trans?

What are the must have upgrades to make this car daily driver reliable? And what are the upgrades that I should have on my list but aren't a necessity? Most likely wont be tracked but will be driven hard from time to time on the street. From my research, oil pump gears seem to be a wise move right off the bat.

I live in Michigan and while my Camaro barely saw rain, my mustang will be year round driven and will be seeing snow. Obviously a good set of snow tires and common sense go a long way, but will it being supercharged be an issue or will a good tune be enough to get it thought the cold temps?

Thank you in advance for any and all help
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Welcome, sounds like you’re going to end up with a hell of a car.

The good news is the 6 speed auto is the stoutest transmission offered from the factory. It should have no problem handling that setup. Someone can maybe chime in as far as the right steps to keep it cool and happy.

A stock Coyote will have no problem handling that power as long as it’s healthy and been maintained well. A good tune is key. Major players are AED, Lund, Palm Beach Dyno, Steeda, Livernois. Other tuners are out there that people are really happy with as well.

Oil pump gears are also important, especially due to the extra tension the blower will add to the accessory drive. Do a lot of research, all are not created equal. Some have tolerance issues are are worse off than running the stock gears.

You’ll need to address fuel as well. I’d search them forced induction section regarding this. At minimum for a mild blower setup you’ll need injectors and a boost a pump, or an upgraded pump assembly.

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE
James, welcome to the forums. I am in Plymouth. The issue with the Mustang is it is a Grand Touring car. The springs are soft and the dampers are weak. Ford also used binding rubber bushings at key places in the independent rear subframe. So fixing some of those issues is necessary to properly get all of your planned 600 hp to the ground. I suggest you go hang out in the suspension forum and read.
I see from your picture your real car is a C8 Z06 (mine is too)!

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
Welcome and congrats! My son runs Blizzaks on his 2015 in Minnesota and he can get around in the snow.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Blizzaks work great.

Best mod you could do for a Supercharged Mustang in Michigan is a used 4x4 truck.
Sponsored