5doorsoffury

Threads
Reaction score
a forsaken branch of the wavefunction called ny,
First Name
this guy
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
Greetings my name is ryan and i am from long island ny. I have on order a atlas blue 300a gt with 3.55 rear gear and the MT. I am really excited to learn as much as i can from the forums. i am a firm believer that you can find your question asked and answered somewhere. I installed car stereos and remote starts for 15 years at all the major big box stores so a system for the car goes without saying for me.

I am coming from a 2012 mazdaspeed 3 i bought new. it had a beefy closed deck,6 speed, fwd, oem turbo, DI with forged crank ( the mzr motor was the ecoboost test bed this engine was transformed into the first ecoboost motors with open decks for the focus st and derivatives). Great motor! Rods pistons and 500hp all day with stock tranny motor ect just needed a clutch. i bought a short block from speed perf6rmanc3 in ny as well as a e50 tune from nishan there. made about 425 ft-lbs @7300. I had no traction and the biggest tire i could get was a mt et street 245 and that broke loose in 1, 2 and the top of 3rd when the taper cranks boost up. This was a big issue so i decided its time for RWD! The second and just as important reason is i wanted a reliable 450- 500 hp. i was constantly breaking down or popping couplers chasing leaks and i am sick of it so i never enjoyed the car other then the freight train highway pulls it gave you. I learned a LOT from mazdaspeedforums and i am glad i used the knowledge other people gave for all to have. I hope to find the same here!

I picked the mustang because the motor can rev high and loves boost with great flowing heads. The downsides were no sleeves and the mt82 tranny but i was in love with the s550 body and i had a 64.5 mustang that my gpa was going to give me but he gave it to my cousin who sold it. for those reasons i pulled the trigger. I have my s550 gt 300a on order from 6/24 so i am hoping for a november scheduling.

I am not a outgoing guy but i hope to meet some of the locals and wrench on cars!! What if any meets do you guys have? The only place around me to drive spirited is the ocean parkway where there are no homes or pedestrians just water and road. never went to meets with my mazdaspeed or helped/had help from anyone with my car including pulling the motor so i would like to change this behavior with this car and this forums!

My plan for this car until the warranty is up is
ASAP tires and wheels . i have the tiny 235 all season base tires so i need wheels to fit a set of toyo proxies 888r 285-305 in the rear. i have no clue what rim size to go with until i see the car in person.

1) e85 tune ( i want to get my hp back the epa took from me)
2)axle back
3)intake ( i know no hp gain)
4) diff and tranny inserts as well as a replacement shifter

then once its fun time i will get Forced induction and supporting mods. I will need to weigh my options on transmissions because once i go with FI i want a different tranny either a seq or a built tranny(lol) this will be the way i leave it for the foreseeable future until i get get a sleeved block.

My apologies if this isn't the right place for the into thread.

Thanks guys!!
p.s i suck at grammar!
Sponsored

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Welcome and congrats on the new ride. There are plenty of great meets on the east coast. I tend to stay away from the local pop-up meets...too young of a crowd for my taste. Car shows are always a good place to meet like minded people and get involved in a local club. There is a well know Mustang shop out on Long Island, Mustang Magic, so that may be a good place to look into. Strong Island Stangs is a pretty large club out there and they host a few shows during the summer. There is also Ford National at Carlisle in June, which is a great time and American Muscle does a large show in PA. Could also check out Facebook and see what local clubs are out there.

The_Mad_Patcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Greetings my name is ryan and i am from long island ny. I have on order a atlas blue 300a gt with 3.55 rear gear and the MT. I am really excited to learn as much as i can from the forums. i am a firm believer that you can find your question asked and answered somewhere. I installed car stereos and remote starts for 15 years at all the major big box stores so a system for the car goes without saying for me.

I am coming from a 2012 mazdaspeed 3 i bought new. it had a beefy closed deck,6 speed, fwd, oem turbo, DI with forged crank ( the mzr motor was the ecoboost test bed this engine was transformed into the first ecoboost motors with open decks for the focus st and derivatives). Great motor! Rods pistons and 500hp all day with stock tranny motor ect just needed a clutch. i bought a short block from speed perf6rmanc3 in ny as well as a e50 tune from nishan there. made about 425 ft-lbs @7300. I had no traction and the biggest tire i could get was a mt et street 245 and that broke loose in 1, 2 and the top of 3rd when the taper cranks boost up. This was a big issue so i decided its time for RWD! The second and just as important reason is i wanted a reliable 450- 500 hp. i was constantly breaking down or popping couplers chasing leaks and i am sick of it so i never enjoyed the car other then the freight train highway pulls it gave you. I learned a LOT from mazdaspeedforums and i am glad i used the knowledge other people gave for all to have. I hope to find the same here!

I picked the mustang because the motor can rev high and loves boost with great flowing heads. The downsides were no sleeves and the mt82 tranny but i was in love with the s550 body and i had a 64.5 mustang that my gpa was going to give me but he gave it to my cousin who sold it. for those reasons i pulled the trigger. I have my s550 gt 300a on order from 6/24 so i am hoping for a november scheduling.

I am not a outgoing guy but i hope to meet some of the locals and wrench on cars!! What if any meets do you guys have? The only place around me to drive spirited is the ocean parkway where there are no homes or pedestrians just water and road. never went to meets with my mazdaspeed or helped/had help from anyone with my car including pulling the motor so i would like to change this behavior with this car and this forums!

My plan for this car until the warranty is up is
ASAP tires and wheels . i have the tiny 235 all season base tires so i need wheels to fit a set of toyo proxies 888r 285-305 in the rear. i have no clue what rim size to go with until i see the car in person.

1) e85 tune ( i want to get my hp back the epa took from me)
2)axle back
3)intake ( i know no hp gain)
4) diff and tranny inserts as well as a replacement shifter

then once its fun time i will get Forced induction and supporting mods. I will need to weigh my options on transmissions because once i go with FI i want a different tranny either a seq or a built tranny(lol) this will be the way i leave it for the foreseeable future until i get get a sleeved block.

My apologies if this isn't the right place for the into thread.

Thanks guys!!
p.s i suck at grammar!
Welcome fellow Long Islander.
Sponsored