new guy here trying to make what was thought impossible possible

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Well my son and I are trying to build what I thought was not possible because of fitment issues.
Placing Ford OEM Shelby body panels on a normal mustang ....the reason for this is that i teach my son how to build and repair cars that are fun.
And the biggest reason for posting this here is to to get help and ideas with the build.
New to youtube and building/rebuilding cars and the mustang.

The purists are going to hate this... sorry... but wait , it is a pure mustang still with all factory parts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB2K...ature=youtu.be
user_offline.gif
report.gif
Sponsored

Last edited:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
There's a guy in the convertibles area did this, looks fantastic, all OEM, plus aftermarket wheels. I mean, maybe skip the Shelby badge, but otherwise, yes, a Mustang using Mustang parts :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
n
There's a guy in the convertibles area did this, looks fantastic, all OEM, plus aftermarket wheels. I mean, maybe skip the Shelby badge, but otherwise, yes, a Mustang using Mustang parts :)
i looked and looked and found nothing on the subject

OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It was actually in the "stripes" thread in the convertibles section. Starts on page 3, post #44 :)

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...what-do-you-have-or-have-planned.78717/page-3

bam! this is it.

Ya ..i looked and looked. i just bought al the parts on a measurement hunch that they should work, he even used the same headlights we decided on

I have no intention of placing any Shelby logo anywhere... or ford or mustang... for that matter.

We are doing our own thing in the badging department .

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a way to fit front bumper and hood from GT350 on a 2017 GT and if yes how ? I only want the front as it looks insane.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
bam! this is it.

Ya ..i looked and looked. i just bought al the parts on a measurement hunch that they should work, he even used the same headlights we decided on

Yeah, it was in an odd place, not in the main photos area (even I couldn't find it initially)

He did a great job, the final product is fantastic. You could probably even ping him via PM if anything comes up (or even just post in that thread), most folks around here are always willing to lend a hand to another enthusiast. :sunglasses:

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
Look in the 50th Anniversary Thread. It is being done in there and is well detailed. All the parts he needed to make the body panel swaps and I think he had plans to do the engine next.

OP
OP
wrongwayup

wrongwayup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrei
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Is there a way to fit front bumper and hood from GT350 on a 2017 GT and if yes how ? I only want the front as it looks insane.
no..you need to do everything that we will have to do... so far just for the parts from ford round about $4k...probabbly another $2k to complete swap... before paint and you do all the labor.

probably a lot cheaper from junk yards...but since i started with a crashed car i needed guaranteed 100% strait parts.

its supper easy trust me... just small had tools required

we will have another video in a few days.. explaining it more in detail ... i will post it here... or should i start a new thread?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I was looking at doing that to a new gen raptor.
Not advisable. The Raptor ECU heavily depends on the Ecoboost motor. There was a company who did a supercharged 5.0 into a new Raptor but the harness, programming, and drive mode compatibility was beyond a nightmare and the price of the truck reflects that.

Deleted member

no..you need to do everything that we will have to do... so far just for the parts from ford round about $4k...probabbly another $2k to complete swap... before paint and you do all the labor.

probably a lot cheaper from junk yards...but since i started with a crashed car i needed guaranteed 100% strait parts.

its supper easy trust me... just small had tools required
we will have another video in a few days.. explaining it more in detail ... i will post it here... or should i start a new thread?
Not true, you can get a 350 front bumper for a GT/Eco that is meant to work with the stock hood.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Bump...046631&hash=item3b3572901a:g:ip0AAOSw-9tdLjQI
Sponsored