Sparky75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500, 2012 F350, 2020 EXPLORER ST
What PPF are you going with?
(if you can’t tell I’m getting mine lined up and unfamiliar overall with it)
I'm going with xpel. A year ago I didn't know what paint correction, PPF or ceramic coating even were! Luckily I found a installer that does amazing work and on cars much more expensive than ours. They are perfectionists and it shows in the way they keep their shop right to the finished product.
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
What PPF are you going with?
(if you can’t tell I’m getting mine lined up and unfamiliar overall with it)
I recommend going over the stripes. You will see a faint air pocket at the stripe/paint edge, but you have to look for it. It shows up more on darker colors over lighter colors. On my Ford Performance blue car, they were very hard to see, because it was up against white stripes and blended in.

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
I recommend going over the stripes. You will see a faint air pocket at the stripe/paint edge, but you have to look for it. It shows up more on darker colors over lighter colors. On my Ford Performance blue car, they were very hard to see, because it was up against white stripes and blended in.
Rapid red with black...

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Rapid red with black...
The faint air pocket will be more visible on your combination, but I would still go over them. To me, it’s better to have a slight air pocket than have film edges that can collect dirt, and start to lift over time.

Your call though.

Last edited:

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
The fain air pocket will be more visible on your combination, but I would still go over them. To me, it’s better to have a slight air pocket than have film edges that can collect dirt, and start to lift over time.

Your call though.
Appreciate the input. Have never done PPF... just ran the C7 and watched the hips chip

we are thinking about adding a lighter pin along the edge of the factory black... doing that would help with the pocket visibility, being lighter...

guy I’m going with does great work...

he said to do front bumper, fenders and hood... mirrors, full roof for no seam and a pillars... the side rockers to the body line in the door and then behind the rear wheels.
I asked for the rear deck lid too since that thing scratches if you look at it wrong.

im concerned about a seam on the doors - but he has done a few other 500s like this and people are happy.
then halo ceramic on the film and some 9 year ceramic on everything else

it sounds like a good plan to me. But what do I know.

Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate the input. Have never done PPF... just ran the C7 and watched the hips chip

we are thinking about adding a lighter pin along the edge of the factory black... doing that would help with the pocket visibility, being lighter...

guy I’m going with does great work...

he said to do front bumper, fenders and hood... mirrors, full roof for no seam and a pillars... the side rockers to the body line in the door and then behind the rear wheels.
I asked for the rear deck lid too since that thing scratches if you look at it wrong.

im concerned about a seam on the doors - but he has done a few other 500s like this and people are happy.
then halo ceramic on the film and some 9 year ceramic on everything else

it sounds like a good plan to me. But what do I know.
It’s a good plan. To me it’s either a full wrap, or the “track wrap” that you mentioned and nothing in between. I went with the full wrap as to not have any visible lines on the rear quarters. I definitely recommend having the deck lid, along with spoiler / wing done as well.

themik99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2022 F-150 Tremor
I'm going with xpel. A year ago I didn't know what paint correction, PPF or ceramic coating even were! Luckily I found a installer that does amazing work and on cars much more expensive than ours. They are perfectionists and it shows in the way they keep their shop right to the finished product.
What shop if you don't mind me asking?

Blackbite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeffrey
Vehicle(s)
2003 mustang cobra, 2019 GT350R
Congrats. Do you know the chassis # yet?

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
For you guys who have taken delivery, are the eta delivery dates on ford tracking once your car is in production lining up with when your dealer is getting them? Just curious.

If so, then I'm going to go ahead and schedule my ppf, ceramic, and tint since my guy is 3-4 weeks out on availability at the moment. If not, then I'll just wait till car is physically delivered.

biscuit60177

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Congrats. Do you know the chassis # yet?
Not yet, I figured ill keep it a surprise 😂

I really just n to decide what to trade, my 19 350 or 20 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody. Love both car for different reasons.

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Not yet, I figured ill keep it a surprise 😂

I really just n to decide what to trade, my 19 350 or 20 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody. Love both car for different reasons.
Also agree 350. IF you plan on keeping long term. The 350 will def be a more desirable and rare car down the road and hold better resale in private market.
However, if you don't plan on keeping long term. Then, I could see where the scat pack would be a slightly more comfy road trip car.

Go Time

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
For you guys who have taken delivery, are the eta delivery dates on ford tracking once your car is in production lining up with when your dealer is getting them? Just curious.

If so, then I'm going to go ahead and schedule my ppf, ceramic, and tint since my guy is 3-4 weeks out on availability at the moment. If not, then I'll just wait till car is physically delivered.
Mine was 3 days late.
Sponsored