Need for green or Bullitt?

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
So, as I await my '15 guard GT's return from being re-tuned by LMS because of some problem in the original tune, I drove my brother's Subaru Forester. A car that does the job of a grocery getter but has no torque. It is a stick and I realized that I miss the clutch in my S197 Mustang.

Having been hot and cold on the Bullitt, especially the pricing, I kind of decided against it. Then Ford comes out with "need for green" with the photos of the car with the PP and black stripe.

My thoughts come back to the old muscle car days when Ford, Pontiac and Mopar had these kind of wild colors.

I love that green with the stripe. I also know since it is not a limited edition that I can get it for about 5K under MSRP plus taxes and destination. So, about 5K under the Bullitt. I also love the spoiler on the PP1 cars.

I know the Bullitt has a lot of goodies and cool stuff, but the stock GT is really a performer without the CAI and different intake. Plus my '09 required a special tune vs the standard GT because of the different tune Ford put on it from the factory. It never impressed me and few tuners provided an email tune for the '08-09 Bullitt without dynoing it. With a stock GT I won't have that issue.

What are anyone's thoughts on this idea? All the Bullitt photos I could find including the ones I took at the NAIAS were all under special lighting, not outside like the need for green.
2019-mustang-has-the-need-the-need-for-green-2018-03-17_13-33-33_303280 (2).jpg
2019-mustang-has-the-need-the-need-for-green-2018-03-17_13-33-13_748037.jpg
Ford-Mustang_Bullitt-2019-infographic.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
[ame]

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I don't care for the Bullitt wheels or caliper paint, but love the color of the car. If you like your Guard, you'll love the Bullitt, as it's a very similar paint, but with the green turned up a couple notches. Need for green is like Grabber blue: striking, cool for a day or a week, but I'd tire of it very quickly. That's me though.

Also if you're going to supercharge it, don't bother with the Bullitt. You'd be paying extra for the GT350 CAI and intake manifold and the factory tune for those.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Need for Green would be my choice without a doubt. I'm heavily considering one for myself. I just hate that you can't order the NFG without a stripe.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Need for Green would be my choice without a doubt. I'm heavily considering one for myself. I just hate that you can't order the NFG without a stripe.
Really? I did not know this. Can't you just have it deleted?

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
I just hate that you can't order the NFG without a stripe.
Are you sure? Where did you hear that? That would be a first, considering it's not a special package, just a paint color.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Yep, just looked it up. I like the stripe. But, I'm an American and don't like the fact that it is not deleteable. I don't really get that.

Sponsored

Armen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Vert
It says Equipment Group: Over the Top Racing Stripe

*Ebony Over the Top Racing Stripe (47a) are required with Need For Green (AJ).

---

So that means you have to get the racing stripe with NFG or does it mean if you order a racing stripe and the color of the car is NFG, you have to get the black stripe and no other color stripe is offered with NFG...?

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Working off a phone so hard to read the guide but from my prior reading the stripe is required. This green is BRIGHT and the black stripe contrast helps tone it down a bit. Ford is concerned about the color shocking folks and the car just sitting unsold on dealer lots. The buyer post purchase can pull the stripe, with the warning they may have future resale issues over the color as it is a very polarizing color.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Working off a phone so hard to read the guide but from my prior reading the stripe is required. This green is BRIGHT and the black stripe contrast helps tone it down a bit. Ford is concerned about the color shocking folks and the car just sitting unsold on dealer lots. The buyer post purchase can pull the stripe, with the warning they may have future resale issues over the color as it is a very polarizing color.
Historically polarizing colors like this actually have a higher resale than the more common colors. Orange, yellow, green at at the top of resale value (not numbers). Not that many people want those colors, but those that do are willing to pay for it.

Colors are totally subjective. Ultimately up to you. I like the DHG, but I don't really like the chrome trim on the Bullit (particularly around the grill).

gumby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I really wanted a Highland Green. I read it would be for all models but orders sheet shows for Bullitt only. :( The need for green is growing on me but I would like to have my option of stripe so they all don't look the same.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The stripes just vinyl on NFG?

Just remove them if so...they peel off so easily

Yes yes, you should have the option etc, but it's not a huge deal to remove it
Sponsored