Sponsored

Need advice on exhaust setup for my 2016 GT.

Mustyfan12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Romaan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Hello everyone, I am a new member on this forum. I am going to buy a mustang GT in the next month or so and I'm already looking for the modifications that I am going to make.

It will be a stock 2016 GT. As of now I have shortlisted Corsa Extreme Catback, Borla Atak Catback and Roush A/B with X pipe. I also plan on getting long tube headers and a tune. Could you guys please provide any feedback if you have similar setups? I want a REALLY loud exhaust and cops here in Toronto don't bother too much as long as I got mufflers. Let me know which one would sound loud, less raspy. I'm a newbie so thank you so much for helping out! :)
Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Hello everyone, I am a new member on this forum. I am going to buy a mustang GT in the next month or so and I'm already looking for the modifications that I am going to make.

It will be a stock 2016 GT. As of now I have shortlisted Corsa Extreme Catback, Borla Atak Catback and Roush A/B with X pipe. I also plan on getting long tube headers and a tune. Could you guys please provide any feedback if you have similar setups? I want a REALLY loud exhaust and cops here in Toronto don't bother too much as long as I got mufflers. Let me know which one would sound loud, less raspy. I'm a newbie so thank you so much for helping out! :)
Any long tubes with the above cat backs will be ungodly loud, as well as raspy. Look at something like s-types for long tubes. And also to reduce rasp h pipe is slightly better.
I had the ataks with long tubes and it was just too much you couldn’t even pull away from a stop sign slowly in town without looking like a fool.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
AWE Touring. You won’t be sorry...... Beautiful sound. No drone. Message Terry Reeves. Team Beefcake Racing

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150

You can’t go wrong with Corsa or Borla.. you could also use a generic xpipe and do an axle back. I am not sure about headers, but if you plan on modding the engine then why not.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mustyfan12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Romaan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Any long tubes with the above cat backs will be ungodly loud, as well as raspy. Look at something like s-types for long tubes. And also to reduce rasp h pipe is slightly better.
I had the ataks with long tubes and it was just too much you couldn’t even pull away from a stop sign slowly in town without looking like a fool.
This wouldn't be my daily. I'll driving it on the weekends or at meets. Do you have a video of your system with the Borla Atak and the headers? I've heard Borla is less raspy than corsa but corsa is sounds better so its confusing me a lot lol. Thanks for helping out

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
This wouldn't be my daily. I'll driving it on the weekends or at meets. Do you have a video of your system with the Borla Atak and the headers? I've heard Borla is less raspy than corsa but corsa is sounds better so its confusing me a lot lol. Thanks for helping out

if you go to my channel you can see a few other exhaust setups I have done. By far my favorite aftermarket one has been the s-types.
Even if mine wasnt a DD I still wouldn’t go ataks again. Too high pitched not enough rumble.

OP
OP

Mustyfan12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Romaan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt

if you go to my channel you can see a few other exhaust setups I have done. By far my favorite aftermarket one has been the s-types.
Even if mine wasnt a DD I still wouldn’t go ataks again. Too high pitched not enough rumble.
wow I'm really liking the s type with that deep growl, thanks for the help man I subscribed!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t do any resonator delete with Roush ab and headers. I have Roush ab and xpipe and that combo alone is offensive. People who add headers to Roush ab usually keep their suitcase or buy a lighter weight after marketer resonator replacement.

Meat coyote racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
The system you described will not just be loud, it will wake the f***ing dead lol.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
AWE Touring. You won’t be sorry...... Beautiful sound. No drone. Message Terry Reeves. Team Beefcake Racing
This.

Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
Borla would be a great setup if you are trying to go all out, however I would go with a H pipe to make it a bit less raspy. Hit me up if you would like to see what kind of options we have. We have some great pricing right now on exhaust setups. Lethalperformance.com
Sponsored