Sponsored

NC500 Information

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Okay guys. Just starting this thread as an 'information only' thread for those of us going on the NC500 run.

I would like to keep it down to just a few posts and keep the other one for discussion etc

I will update this as things get firmed up and post below to inform you there is an update.

Itinerary

Thursday
Meet in Inverness

Hotel Mecure Inverness

Friday

Event
Send off do at Macrae and Dick Ford (details) to follow

Journey
Travel to Thurso

Stop Off Points
Dunrobin Castle
John O Groats
Dunnet Head (most northerly point of Mainland UK)

Hotel
Park Hotel (Main Group)

Saturday

Journey
Travel to Kinlochverbie

Stop Off Points
Smoo Caves
Cape Wraith and plenty of photo opps

Hotel
Kinlochverbie (main group)

Sunday

Journey
Travel to Ullapool

Stop off points
to Lochinver-Kylestrom viewpoint
Possible Boat Trips

Hotel
Royal Hotel (Main Group)

Monday

Journey
Travel home or back to Inverness maybe

Stop Off Points
Applecross
Kishorn Fish Bar
Applecross Pass.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Last edited:
OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Lands End

So as some of you know, the NC 500 aint good enough for Kristian and myself and we have decided to start the trip at Lands End.

It would be great to start with the two of us there and join up with others as we make our way up country.

Our trip will go something like.

Monday
Leave Lands end and travel to Burton on Trent
Staying at http://www.mercureburton.co.uk/
Driving with [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] through the Peaks Tuesday am. Anyone wanna join us?
Then on to the Honister Pass in the Lake District and Carlisle

Tuesday
Travel to Carlisle
Staying here
http://bedandbreakfast-carlisle.co.uk

Wednesday
Travel up to Lock Ness
Meeting up with [MENTION=16323]Lone Survivor[/MENTION] on the way. (Well it make sense to hook up with someone that knows the language)!
Staying here www.thelovat.com

Thursday
Travel along Lock Ness to Inverness

PM me or Kristian or post on the other thread if you fancy joining up with us somewhere on route.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Reminder of hotels/stopping places on NC500

Thursday
Mecure Hotel, Inverness
PM [MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] for booking

Park Hotel, Thurso (Friday 22nd)
Speak to Lynne if poss and mention the Mustang group.
01847 893 251
Or email

We are in kinlochbevie on the Saturday night but the hotel is booked up try this link for B&Bs.
http://www.kinlochbervie.info/index2.htm

On Sunday we are at the Royal Hotel, Ullapool
Speak to Karen or Michael. They are aware of our group.
[email protected]
01854 612181

Last edited:

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Stop off Newcastle area? There'll be me, chewy & Ben (even though he's joining you) as a minimum?

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Some details regards the MacRae & Dick send off on the Friday.

They are fully on board, I'm in contact with their marketing dept and they want to do this.

There will be press involvement, local and they are investigating tv coverage, sort of a 'and finally...' type thing. Social media involvement, Facebook etc, I'm no expert in this area, we do have a resident expert on the organising committee that will develop this with them.

They are also providing a professional photographer that they use, to take plenty of pictures for us.

For those that expressly do not want to have their picture taken or appear on any tv that might be there please PM me and I'll arrange to keep you away from the cameras.

They are a large multi franchise dealer and, although their display area is smallish, we have agreed that it should be cleared for a Mustang display (I did suggest a bit of line lock/drifting display:lol:) They may be wanting to showcase the RS, so I'm pretty sure a circle of Mustangs surrounding an RS is planned.

There will probably be considerable local interest, as they are going to advertise in advance in the local press.

I'm in the process of securing our 'goodies', T Shirts (our design), key rings, mugs, caps, the usual paraphernalia. I also hope to get them to produce door/window stickers but not to include any of their logos, they'll get enough advertising from us being there, one, again of our design. I've got no problem, as a veteran of several Le Mans trips, putting these all over my car, hope some of will join me on this.

There will be a buffet/food for us all on site, they have on site catering facilities.

I hope that this will provide a fitting send off on the Inaugural Mustang NC500. Keep an eye on this thread for more details.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Guys, we are looking at limiting this to 18 after taking advice from various sources.
Room for 1 or 2 more

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Hotel in Inverness for the 21st
Below is the copy of the post on the other thread from [MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION]
Please PM him your requirements if you want a room booked.
It has been very difficult finding a sensible priced hotel for us all to stay. Of course you are welcome to make your own arrangements. Its first come first served on this.

Hello All,

I have managed to get us a pretty good deal at a nice hotel in the city centre - less than a couple of miles from our starting point at Macrae & Dick Ford on Friday morning! It's the Mercure that sits right next to River Ness

http://www.mercure.com/gb/hotel-8351-mercure-inverness-hotel/index.shtml

I will quote the email that details the offer;

"We can accommodate this group
Below are the best rates

21st July 2016 for 1 night
8 singles for single occupancy
8 twins for double occupancy
1 family room – please advise how many in this room- Inverness only has triple rooms with a double bed and sofa bed – they are limited and we generally don’t offer triple rooms

Bed & breakfast - £80.00 per person per night, based on two people sharing
Room only would be £75.00 per person per night

Single Occupancy Supplement - £25.00 per room per night
28 Day cancellation policy
Porterage charged at £1.00 each way
All rates are inclusive of VAT @ 20%
Payment terms – pre payment prior to arrival
Parking is £4.50 and there are 50 spaces on a first come first served basis

Please do let me know if you would like to proceed with this booking. I am not holding any rooms for you."

Assuming this will be ok for people? If so, please can you PM me ASAP to confirm & state your room requirements? For the single travelers - if you are willing to share in a twin room (as I am) let me know & I will see if I can get that arranged - will save you a bit!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As we are all traveling from afar and it's safe to say, our Mustangs that were pristine when we all set off, will have a fair amount of crud on them.

[MENTION=17095]RSPcooper[/MENTION] is organising this company http://www.pro-valets.co.uk/store-page/mobile-car-valeting-inverness-detailing/ to give those that wish, a mini valet type wash.

Snow Foam and Wheel clean £6, with lambs wool two bucket wash, £10. He does a mobile service, so will visit the hotel, I'm looking into have him carry on the service at M&D, if they allow it. Demand might be such that not everyone can get done at the hotel.

For more info and to book a slot, PM RSPCooper with your details. Get your Mustang nice and shiny :thumbsup:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Any chance we can update the list with car colours?

It occured to me today whilst looking at my front badge that it would make quite a good pic to get a red and a blue car next to mine, as per the tribar.

I know Pug has a red one but am unsure if there are any DIBs coming along?

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I will be there. Mine looks race f##kin red!

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Anyway, stop posting on here guys. Its an info only thread!!!!

I have updated post 2 on this page to add [MENTION=23354]V8Drew[/MENTION]
Welcome to the trip.

I have also updated post number 3 with details of [MENTION=14295]Kristian87[/MENTION] and my trip from Lands End.
Please let us know if you want to join us anywhere. Whether it be a 30 mins meet for a coffee or join up with us for the trip North.

OP
OP
stevec

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
We would like to have 2 or 3 designated first aiders on the trip. Anyone who is willing to be one and has some training, please PM me.?

Cheers

Oh an also, can everyone check the list and make sure they are on it of meant to be.
I have updated it by adding [MENTION=23354]V8Drew[/MENTION] and sadly, removing [MENTION=13479]benanderson89[/MENTION]
Sponsored