Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
  • Banned
Ok folks another NC500 thread :thumbsup:

This time it's about decals for our wee trip. Now I'm a fan of stickering up my car for road trips, I've done it on several Le Mans trips and for some charity track days.

Now I understand that it's not for everyone and that there is some apprehension amongst some that they might damage your paintwork on removal. Let me alay thosE fears first of all.

The photo below is of my RX8 after a Le Mans trip and at a club meet in Applecross a few years ago, apologies for the photo, but it's the only one I could find on my photobucket account and I don't have an adapter at hand for the many slim SD cards with other, better photos (ignore the beer bottle on the bonnet)

These all came off without a mark being left on the car, not a panel was left unstickered :D

Now I'm not advocating this level of stickering, but maybe something like my first 370 with a roundel for a Help for Heroes event, here;

but with something akin to this style for the doors;

Or perhaps the style that is on this T shirt;

These are all designes by Kristian, that I've plagiarised :D. They could be done in a variety of colours and sizes, I'm thinking 300mm diameter for the doors and perhaps 150mm for the rear window.

I've not explored the costs yet (and if any member can offer a service, please let us know :thumbsup:)

So what do we think?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mustang1878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Black Fastback C/P
I like the door stickers and if the printers could do these to our car colours would be even better

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The first logo, with the white background, if the white was infact transparent, would look the absolute NUTS on the car's... Albeit the Blue on a blue stang may not be noticeable... (Could have the NC-500 logo in different colours). But the first logo I deffo prefer (Granted I'm not there just my opinion).

Designs and shirts look good Good job Kristian.

Think stickering up would be good, make it somewhat of a more 'official event' :D!

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Got to be honest, it's not really my thing. Not averse to small stickers for the quarter lights but not too keen on plastering the doors :)

OP
OP
Lone Survivor

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
  • Banned
It'll not be plastering Steve, I plan to get a set made up just the outer circle, no fill, apart from the pony and NC500 parts. The same as SteveC's decal from the people who did some work on the car.

I'll get a set made for the McMustang2 meet, probably before and throw them on my car. Going with matte black for mine, but I'd be happy with white as a contrast. I'll post pictures ASAP :thumbsup:

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Look forward to seeing them :thumbsup:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Don't mind a wee car flag:lol:
Brilliant!

George - as discussed, my preference would be a smallish window sticker. As Manders said, transparent background would be cool. White graphics for me for my dark car :cheers:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Brilliant!

George - as discussed, my preference would be a smallish window sticker. As Manders said, transparent background would be cool. White graphics for me for my dark car :cheers:
Or red graphics if you've done your tail lights by then ;).

My shouts for 'colours' for each car colour would be:

White: Black & Blue preferably, all colours work
Red: White/Black
Ruby Red: White
Black: White preferable, all colours work
Magnetic: White/Red work
Silver: Black
Guard: White (Or if enoch is coming, gold ;) )
DIB: White/Black
CO: Black
TY: Black

Granted I'm sure when selecting the colours you can all choose what suits your mods/cars to your standards.

Can't wait to see the pictures of all these stickered up and ready to go, absolutely gutted I can't make it now, feel like the un-cool kid missing out on that one school trip :(.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Can't wait to see the pictures of all these stickered up and ready to go, absolutely gutted I can't make it now, feel like the un-cool kid missing out on that one school trip :(.
Throw a sickie; they'll not miss you ;)
We promise not to take ANY pics on the trip so there'll be no proof you were there... :lie:

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Throw a sickie; they'll not miss you ;)
We promise not to take ANY pics on the trip so there'll be no proof you were there... :lie:
Yea come one Manders, surely you can get a couple of days off? Replace those hours and hours of posting with some driving ;)

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Audi A5, Mitsibushi L200
We need you Manders :headbonk: - how can you miss the biggestest UK 6g Mustang event ever ever!

You will need to wait to the 100th anniversary for a repeat. :doh:

PS - Are you a First Aider? :D If yes, you have a morale obligation to come, cos' we are one short!!

CapitanPug

Big Bear
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT, Audi A5, Mitsibushi L200
It'll not be plastering Steve, I plan to get a set made up just the outer circle, no fill, apart from the pony and NC500 parts. The same as SteveC's decal from the people who did some work on the car.

I'll get a set made for the McMustang2 meet, probably before and throw them on my car. Going with matte black for mine, but I'd be happy with white as a contrast. I'll post pictures ASAP :thumbsup:

I am up for the big logos :thumbsup:

Can you send me the finished design/s & I can get some made up as well :D

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'd literally have to pull a sickie to make it, I have 2 days of Annual leave remaining (Of which 1 is about to disappear) so make that one... Have had to take a holiday off my younger brother due to some issues (First world problems), and on top of it all, getting time off, during the last 2 weeks of july to the first 2 weeks of august (15/07-19/08) due to being involved with 4 interns, and now 1 apprentice we have starting.

Anyway, I am fortunate enough to be meeting up with Kristian and Steve on the Tuesday before the event (And the Monday night) to show them some local scenic roads as they're in my area, work have allowed me half a day off for it...

I'll be there in spirit... If only the glandular fever I had this time last year kicked up again... then I'd get my sickie lmao!

Nostruss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 GT Race Red Fastback, A4 B7
Ok folks another NC500 thread :thumbsup:

This time it's about decals for our wee trip. Now I'm a fan of stickering up my car for road trips, I've done it on several Le Mans trips and for some charity track days.

Now I understand that it's not for everyone and that there is some apprehension amongst some that they might damage your paintwork on removal. Let me alay thosE fears first of all.

The photo below is of my RX8 after a Le Mans trip and at a club meet in Applecross a few years ago, apologies for the photo, but it's the only one I could find on my photobucket account and I don't have an adapter at hand for the many slim SD cards with other, better photos (ignore the beer bottle on the bonnet)

These all came off without a mark being left on the car, not a panel was left unstickered :D

Now I'm not advocating this level of stickering, but maybe something like my first 370 with a roundel for a Help for Heroes event, here;

but with something akin to this style for the doors;

Or perhaps the style that is on this T shirt;

These are all designes by Kristian, that I've plagiarised :D. They could be done in a variety of colours and sizes, I'm thinking 300mm diameter for the doors and perhaps 150mm for the rear window.

I've not explored the costs yet (and if any member can offer a service, please let us know :thumbsup:)

So what do we think?
Great idea. I'd add these for the tour :)
Sponsored