Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
thats excellent info, ive only bought a new car once before in my life so all tehse dates I was unaware of

the one with a 5month lead time is actually a cancelled order so I assume its 2022 model regardless of whether it comes this year or next

the dilemma im facing is not knowing if MY23 is going to be the new shape,

ill be kind of bummed out if i get hte current shape, then a few months later the new one is relased and out and about and if I love it

I am really looking for a "forever" car, and although its not a priority, but i intend to baby it and keep it original, and years down the track it will be the desirable one to have, just lke the 60s-70s mustangs are now
Yep if it is a cancelled order you are already in the que, so probably a My22 - are the options and colour choices still available or locked in ?

The new S650 is slated as a MY24, and was due for release in 2023 then back to 2024, and now rumoured back to mid 2023 in the US - although we will probably not get it (RHD) to / from early 2024 build.
Sponsored

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Who knows what they’ll do? So far behind on MY22 that if the 650 is delayed and is MY24 they might just keep the MY22 run going until then!

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Who knows what they’ll do? So far behind on MY22 that if the 650 is delayed and is MY24 they might just keep the MY22 run going until then!
Bit of a guessing game, and they could just extend the MY22 into 2023, however the impact of the Chip Shortage on cutting Production and availability of the MY22 would not restrict DEVELOPMENT on any model update ie MY23 - if the MY21 - MY22 is anything to go by. It could just mean a minor change of colour palate and options etc, but it probably get the new designation.

Alternatively, as the MY23 would be the last of the S550 series, Ford could have something special planned for a send-off.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
I ordered the Coastal Limited Edition Ecoboost (convertible) and I’ve not seen anything anywhere that they’ve built any of this limited edition. So far seems VERY LIMITED, like NONE. Hoping they might build it in July! 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Highly unlikely 2023 S650 will lift off because established suppliers of specialty materials to Ford supply chains have been cut off.

They are scrambling to find new suppliers, most are in China, SE Asia possibly MX who have full access to all materials needed but it's tough because they are price and terms makers now...take it or leave it....
Not according to this:
2024 Ford Mustang Expected To Debut In April 2023: Report
2024 Ford Mustang Expected To Debut In April 2023: Report (fordauthority.com)

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
If it debuts in April 2023 I assume late 23 as the earliest ?
With the upgrade from the FM to FN, RHD production was paused for about 4-6 months while they focussed on LHD production, so we could probably expect a repeat, which would mean S650 RHD production to start early 2024. (just a guess)

Last edited:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
What is their definition of Debut? Press release with first deliveries in 2025? It's meaningless.
Yes it seems rather ambiguous I think it usually means publicly Unveiled - not yet available or in showrooms, and probably Pre-Production. So exactly when Production starts we still don't know from the article, although they also refer to a "Launch" which could mean it is ready for sale at the "Launch", or possibly mark the beginning of Production.

Last edited:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
It's such a huge stretch if I had to make a wager I'd say Mustang sports car is history for a few years until Ford can meet demand for it's other products that are 400 % more profitable and deal with all the the EV BS
Oh ye of little faith !! I don't share your negativity or pessimism, Mustang is a Flagship performance & lifestyle Icon for Ford, and they have a lot invested in it from a total Brand Development perspective - which reflects on the wider Ford range, as seen by their heavy investment in Mustang Racing, even here in Australia.

The next-generation S650 Ford Mustang has been the subject of rumors for years now, many of which revolve around when, exactly, the new model will launch. Most recently, a report suggested that the S650 Ford Mustang would enter production in March 2023 for the 2024 model year, roughly a year later than previously expected. Now, it seems that this timeline has been somewhat confirmed by The Blue Oval itself, though it’s worth noting that given current supply constraints, that plan could very well change.

“The next generation that we’re working on now will be launching next year, in 2023, and it’s going to be great,” Ford’s vehicle director for icons and Ford Performance, Ali Jammoul, told Wheels in a recent interview “So it’s launching next year and there will be events, so you [the media] will get to drive it.”

S650 Ford Mustang On Track For 2023 Launch, Says Company Rep (fordauthority.com)

OP
OP

hellohello123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 California GT: Black
Oh ye of little faith !! I don't share your negativity or pessimism, Mustang is a Flagship performance & lifestyle Icon for Ford, and they have a lot invested in it from a total Brand Development perspective - which reflects on the wider Ford range, as seen by their heavy investment in Mustang Racing, even here in Australia.

The next-generation S650 Ford Mustang has been the subject of rumors for years now, many of which revolve around when, exactly, the new model will launch. Most recently, a report suggested that the S650 Ford Mustang would enter production in March 2023 for the 2024 model year, roughly a year later than previously expected. Now, it seems that this timeline has been somewhat confirmed by The Blue Oval itself, though it’s worth noting that given current supply constraints, that plan could very well change.

“The next generation that we’re working on now will be launching next year, in 2023, and it’s going to be great,” Ford’s vehicle director for icons and Ford Performance, Ali Jammoul, told Wheels in a recent interview “So it’s launching next year and there will be events, so you [the media] will get to drive it.”

S650 Ford Mustang On Track For 2023 Launch, Says Company Rep (fordauthority.com)
Hmm I guess a 2023 launch could mean let's start making them in December, so by the time it arrives it's mid 2024 at the earliest
Sponsored