Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

MyMilkshake...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M4 Competition & Tuned DS3R The Stang Killer
Has anyone out Eibach Sportlines on or a similar lowering spring with a 1.5" drop? Want to know how it fairs on the UK roads with speed bumps and the bad roads :D

Sponsored

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
The Mustang appears to sit quite high, I don't think there'd be too much aggro re speed bumps on Eibachs in a Mustang.

I had Eibach pro's on my last 370, that made the car really low, 37-40mm drop. The car had zero roll after installing but it was a lot harsher ride. Depends what your looking for, Gibbo knows his spuds on this subject and could probably advise better :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone out Eibach Sportlines on or a similar lowering spring with a 1.5" drop? Want to know how it fairs on the UK roads with speed bumps and the bad roads :D
The Sportlines give the most aggressive drop and absolutely perfect look/stance. Because of this you allignment will be way out, like -2.0 front camber so a full re-allignment is a must.

As they are aggressive springs lowering wise I suspect the spring rate is also no doubt higher resulting in a firmer ride, will feel sporty though. Also I expect it to ride on the bump stops a lot, so cutting them down or buying the FRPP bump stops would be recommended and you should still cut those down to give your suspension more travel resulting in better handling.

Also another option is to also buy the FRPP dampers, about $550, they come with FRPP bump stops and would be better matched to springs.

If you want best drop and looks go for sportlines or CJPP springs.
If you want best handling, then ideally you should be changing both springs and shocks/dampers. But people seem to get good results with BMR performance springs and Steeda progressive springs.

MyMilkshake...

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 M4 Competition & Tuned DS3R The Stang Killer
Good info!

Do you think sport lines would be alright over speed bumps?
Has anyone got pictures of it going over speed bumps or anything?

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good info!

Do you think sport lines would be alright over speed bumps?
Has anyone got pictures of it going over speed bumps or anything?
The lower you go, the harsher it shall be and you might have to take them very slowly or at an angle. Also remember as well adding stuff such as g-trac brace, jacking rails would probably a no go if you go that low.

You have to remember for suspension to operate correctly there is a preset range of movement in the dampers and if you too low you negatively impact handling. It really depends on what your preference is, if you want looks/stance over everything then go for the Sportlines, they look awesome and take it very easy over speed bumps and expect a harsher ride. Your shocks lifespan will also be reduced.

If you want handling, with a decent drop and still some comfort then get the FRPP package, its hard to beat.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
What are peoples thoughts about upgrading half-shafts?

From what I've been reading and the number of people looking at power adders, this may be the (no pun intended) weak link.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are peoples thoughts about upgrading half-shafts?

From what I've been reading and the number of people looking at power adders, this may be the (no pun intended) weak link.

If your going supercharged, going drag racing and fitting drag radials, then 100% you need them!

Staying NA and drag racing on stock tyres, I think you will be OK.

Not drag racing, going supercharged but only driven on road, I can't see you need them, they also add weight, so should be an upgrade only done if absolute necessary.

Plus if the break on a stock car with no power modifications, warranty will replace them as they should be able to handle whatever you throw at a stock car. ;)

OP
OP
Gibbo205

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

OK maybe I have an issue, seem to have built a collection of knobs! :D

Ford Stock plastic black/chrome knob

Solid billet knob (my favourite)

Ford Racing Black cue ball knob

Ford 50th Anniversary cue ball knob (my 2nd favourite)

Plain black cue ball knob

Plain slight off-white cue ball knob

My favourite is chrome billet knob, it weighs the most and I think it will go really well with all the chrome switches, handles that are in the car. I am also changing the shift collar to a Barton solid billet as well as the Ford stock item is plastic imitation chrome.

Which would you pick?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Love the look of the chrome billet, but the size of the 50th anniversary. Hmm...

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I have to say, the stock one!
Or maybe the chrome one. The rest look like snooker balls.
Sponsored