Sponsored

My MAP Intake

PamAndJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang
As you can see, I left the re-circulation hose off and left the cap on.
Did the cap come with the intake? I saw a post from MAP saying they were working on sourcing a cap. But, didn't see anything confirming that a cap was included.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Did the cap come with the intake? I saw a post from MAP saying they were working on sourcing a cap. But, didn't see anything confirming that a cap was included.
Mine arrived yesterday, came with a cap but I went with recirculating for now.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Yes we include a gloss black vinyl cap that won't discolor from heat!
While you're here, how tight should I tighten the worm gear clamps on the air filter and turbo? I tightened them as much as I could with the weak battery drill I used then gave them a few turns by hand until they felt pretty tight.

BTW left a little "review" if it can be called that in the cai thread sticky.

Loving the intake so far, gonna have to take it out to continue polishing though, got it pretty good but to me good enough is never enough. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

l2frankie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Leaning towards maps Intake. Just can't decide what color i want

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
While you're here, how tight should I tighten the worm gear clamps on the air filter and turbo? I tightened them as much as I could with the weak battery drill I used then gave them a few turns by hand until they felt pretty tight.

BTW left a little "review" if it can be called that in the cai thread sticky.

Loving the intake so far, gonna have to take it out to continue polishing though, got it pretty good but to me good enough is never enough. :thumbsup:
It doesn't have to be torqued crazy tight as it is not under pressure. Just tighten it enough to where it doesn't come off and you feel comfortable with it.

Sponsored

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I almost went with MMR, because I really REALLY wanted the Red intake to match my black and red theme. Would it be possible to paint the tubing red without affecting temperature?

OR maybe send me a special Red one just for me, because I've been such a great customer making this thread for you guys :D and I'll send the raw one back, lol.

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
I almost went with MMR, because I really REALLY wanted the Red intake to match my black and red theme. Would it be possible to paint the tubing red without affecting temperature?

OR maybe send me a special Red one just for me, because I've been such a great customer making this thread for you guys :D and I'll send the raw one back, lol.
I can powdercoat our intakes any color under the sun, would just add time and $15.00 to the price of Wrinkle Black. So if someone wants it red just have to put in a custom request via PM on here. (Do not checkout through the website without speaking to me first).

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
I can powdercoat our intakes any color under the sun, would just add time and $15.00 to the price of Wrinkle Black. So if someone wants it red just have to put in a custom request via PM on here. (Do not checkout through the website without speaking to me first).
Omg, I had no idea! :doh:
I would have gladly paid extra for red!:frusty:
Sponsored