My commute is ruining my fun.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Hey! From boynton as well! Thankfully my commute is only 15 min to WPB in the morning!! But on E85 i'm at the gas station almost every other day lol.
Those are good problems to have :giggle:
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This thread makes me smile.

I work in Pompano and head south or west depending on the day. Drivers here are God awful. The roads are just as bad. Never seen so much debris, trash or construction in my life. I feel like avoiding road hazards is damn near an Olympic grade sport here.

South Florida is a weird place. Seen shit here I would’ve never imagined actually seeing in person. Sad, because it’s a naturally beautiful place and PLENTY of stuff to do, but the sheer volume of people, like, just awful people here really put a damper on it.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
This thread makes me smile.

I work in Pompano and head south or west depending on the day. Drivers here are God awful. The roads are just as bad. Never seen so much debris, trash or construction in my life. I feel like avoiding road hazards is damn near an Olympic grade sport here.

South Florida is a weird place. Seen shit here I would’ve never imagined actually seeing in person. Sad, because it’s a naturally beautiful place and PLENTY of stuff to do, but the sheer volume of people, like, just awful people here really put a damper on it.
Looks like you never been to New York! For me everything there is awful!!!! :crackup:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Boynton but work in downtown Ft Lauderdale. From the minute I get on I-95 in the morning to the second I get off at Oakland Park Blvd, I'm stuck in 5-10 MPH stop-and-go traffic. Kinda regretting not getting a 10 speed auto now. I gotta take a nap at work when I get there shit is so tiring. 1st gear, go 20 feet, 2nd gear, brakes, 1st gear, 2nd gear, 3rd gear brake, 1st gear, 2nd gear, 1st gear, 2nd gear, GRRRRRRRRRRRR It's not like we live in the blue ridge fucking mountains people, **it's flat and straight how in the fuck do you all get in so many accidents. God I hate Broward county. Could get around faster on a damn Honda moped. My clutch is probably begging for mercy.

OK, rant over.
You're your own worst enemy. Why do you shift to 2nd ? Try getting the car rolling in 1st, slip it into neutral coasting.

Rolling coast in 1st, leaving in 1st get rolling, feather clutch in and out to keep a slow roll. Coming to a stop, shift to neutral and brake, when ready.

Folks love to make noise about a talent it takes to drive stick. Well maybe it's not talent and just common sense .

**Cell phone, eating, drinking watching the LCD, fucking with TUNES got to have the tunes ............. you name it. People don't drive they're passengers that need a driver.

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Went down memorial weekend for the air show. It was insanity.
It’s not as bad as Georgia’s I85, horrible 7 days a week 18 hours a day. I lived in Miami for most of my life and I say Georgia beats it hands down

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It’s not as bad as Georgia’s I85, horrible 7 days a week 18 hours a day. I lived in Miami for most of my life and I say Georgia beats it hands down
I can believe it.

I95 here is no joy, either.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
I can believe it.

I95 here is no joy, either.
That’s for sure but when your 15 mile drive takes you over 2 hours every day for no freaking reason. Trust me when I say that I rather cut my veins than go through that again. I’m glad we only lived there for 1 year, I said I would never again complain about Miami traffic. That’s why I moved to palm beach when I moved back. :crackup::cwl:

Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
You haven't spent a rotten day in traffic until you drive the 6 miles on I 10 westbound from Loop 610 to the Sam Houston Tolley any afternoon from 2 to 8 pm. In a 2003 Terminator with a leg breaker clutch. You'll appreciate the A10 a lot more after a day or two of that insanity.

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
You haven't spent a rotten day in traffic until you drive the 6 miles on I 10 westbound from Loop 610 to the Sam Houston Tolley any afternoon from 2 to 8 pm. In a 2003 Terminator with a leg breaker clutch. You'll appreciate the A10 a lot more after a day or two of that insanity.
Nothing can be worse than Georgia traffic on I85 where there’s traffic 18 hours a day all 7 days. Let’s just say that not even the A10 saves you at all. I moved out from there after just being there for 1 year.
Sponsored