Sponsored

Mustang Vs Audi RS3

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
that kind of money.. why not m2 ?
One of my biggest sticking points with the M2 is the interior isn't up to the standard of the bigger M cars. That and the very limited range of colours. It should be a ~$80k car which is where it's priced in other markets.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
M2 is actually my "achievable" dream car. However im yet to see one under 90k with the DCT.
its going through the early hype stage. im waiting for a few years for people to get bored of it.. and i'll snap one up for 50k ish xD

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
its going through the early hype stage. im waiting for a few years for people to get bored of it.. and i'll snap one up for 50k ish xD
The 1 Series M never really dropped enough in price, the M2 isn't as special in my opinion

Sponsored

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The 1 Series M never really dropped enough in price, the M2 isn't as special in my opinion
m2 looks nicer, thats why i liked it, 1m are around 55k-60k now.. those asking for anything more are wasting their time.

there is also a rumor that m2 is getting a refresh already. !

OP
OP

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
1M was limited. They are pumping M2s out. Theyll be cheap in a year or two.

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
I've had a Porsche Cayman S and the V8 BMW M3, both had better handling than the Mustang, both had WAY better finish and feel, they were about the same straight line performance, but no one gave the Porsche the thumbs up, and early on a few guys gave the M3 the thumbs up, but I'm still getting them a year down the track and on a regular basis with the Mustang.

I've spent a heap getting the Mustang performance and handling near to where I like it and that is still a work in progress, which is fun in itself, but it was a third of the price of the M3 and less than half the price of the new Cayman S so pricewise way ahead.

But of all the cars I've owned none of them were the event that it is every time I drive the Mustang, it has the biggest grin factor of any car. I guess I expected perfection with the Porsche & M3 and anything less was disappointing, so I was always just content, but I didn't have any expectations for the price I paid for the Mustang and it is just so much fun to drive, with all the sound and all the torque and wheel spinning fun. Priceless!!

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
You just nailed it, in a few sentences

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just posted my reasoning why I chose the mustang and also reviewed the mustang I got.... Still 100% sure I made the right decision. Love driving the mustang every day. Audi was boring until you floored it.

Forgot to mention... I'm the guy that sold my Audi RS3 to buy a Mustang GT :)

[ame]

Sorry had to fix link

Last edited:

Sponsored

miro67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 build GT Convertible
I've had a Porsche Cayman S and the V8 BMW M3, both had better handling than the Mustang, both had WAY better finish and feel, they were about the same straight line performance, but no one gave the Porsche the thumbs up, and early on a few guys gave the M3 the thumbs up, but I'm still getting them a year down the track and on a regular basis with the Mustang.

I've spent a heap getting the Mustang performance and handling near to where I like it and that is still a work in progress, which is fun in itself, but it was a third of the price of the M3 and less than half the price of the new Cayman S so pricewise way ahead.

But of all the cars I've owned none of them were the event that it is every time I drive the Mustang, it has the biggest grin factor of any car. I guess I expected perfection with the Porsche & M3 and anything less was disappointing, so I was always just content, but I didn't have any expectations for the price I paid for the Mustang and it is just so much fun to drive, with all the sound and all the torque and wheel spinning fun. Priceless!!
Almost exactly the same as me, last cars have been Porches and M series BMW's. The BMW sales guy laughed at me when I was test driving the M4 convertible when I said I was also looking at the mustang. The reality 6 months after buying is that I simply enjoy the rawness of the mustang over the complexity of the euros.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Almost exactly the same as me, last cars have been Porches and M series BMW's. The BMW sales guy laughed at me when I was test driving the M4 convertible when I said I was also looking at the mustang. The reality 6 months after buying is that I simply enjoy the rawness of the mustang over the complexity of the euros.
Rawness? I was surprised how Un-Raw my car was, for a Mustang in particular. Quiet, comfortable, with a smooth auto and fairly soft ride, actually. I have built some rawness into it now. With exhaust mod, lowered springs and 20's, with wider rubber. I came from a SLK350, which didn't have enough seat travel for anyone more than 180cm tall. Seats, where to hard anyway. Average handling for a small car, lifeless steering and lots of creeks and noises from hard roof.

OP
OP

GandF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRX
I just posted my reasoning why I chose the mustang and also reviewed the mustang I got.... Still 100% sure I made the right decision. Love driving the mustang every day. Audi was boring until you floored it.

Forgot to mention... I'm the guy that sold my Audi RS3 to buy a Mustang GT :)

Sorry had to fix link
Thanks for that. Interesting take.

Probably a question for anyone that has a Stang at the moment, but how do you find the interior as far as general quality? I'm coming from a 2016 WRX and one of the things i just cant stand is that every few months theres a new rattle or creak in the interior.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert

Probably a question for anyone that has a Stang at the moment, but how do you find the interior as far as general quality? I'm coming from a 2016 WRX and one of the things i just cant stand is that every few months theres a new rattle or creak in the interior.
My car has only done 5000km and is not a daily driver. No creaks yet. But then, it's mostly driven roof down. So i probably won't hear them, when they start. Really like the style of the interior, but hate the hard plastic center console and upper door trim. I suppose, to deliver a car like this, with all it's goodies, at such an affordable price, there will be compromises. Just go and look at a 2014 s197 interior and you will feel great about the s550. And people forked out over $100k for those.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM

Should have got an STi :thumbsup:
Sponsored