Mustang UK on sale June 2015

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Euro-spec Ecoboost Convertible
There is a reversing camera as standard, its just the "beeping" sensors that are extra :)

Interestingly, this says we're getting Guard, yet the EU website doesn't have it listed as an option....

Will have to read through this in more detail, thanks lewi!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Haz93

Haz93

Instagram - hlwaters93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 saloon (sedan)
Just to let you guys know I posted a thread about the above spec sheets

So I've just stumbled upon this website used to hold the marketing information for all of ford Europe's new models.

http://www.fordmedia.eu/skill/cars/

Here's the Mustang 'Press-kit' page

http://mustang.fordmedia.eu/enhanced.htm

and also for the new ST and ST-diesel (yes STD would be a funny name :p)

http://focusst.fordpresskits.com/enhanced.htm

Also the new Edge, Mondeo (fusion) and S-Max

http://edge.fordpresskits.com/enhanced.htm

http://s-max.fordpresskits.com/

http://mondeo.fordpresskits.com/enhanced.htm

I'm not sure if these sites have any more info than we already know, but they seem alot more informative than any of the current ford web pages

Edit : Mustang Euro Spec sheet

Yeah the backup camera is standard across all US models so it would make sense for this to be standard in Europe too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Cool - thanks Haz93 :)

Entick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Coupe
Guys - I've been told by Ford that only "Ford Stores" will be authorised to sell the Mustang in the UK. Apparently being a Ford Store involves some kind of refurbishment, staff training and a special area dedicated to the Mustang and other high performance Fords. As I understand it, this represents a small minority of all Ford dealers and all of the dealers I have phoned so far have stated that they will not be selling the car.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of all Ford Stores, so I can work out where my local Mustang dealers will be? The list doesn't seem to exist on the Ford website.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Guys - I've been told by Ford that only "Ford Stores" will be authorised to sell the Mustang in the UK. Apparently being a Ford Store involves some kind of refurbishment, staff training and a special area dedicated to the Mustang and other high performance Fords. As I understand it, this represents a small minority of all Ford dealers and all of the dealers I have phoned so far have stated that they will not be selling the car.

Does anyone know where I can find a list of all Ford Stores, so I can work out where my local Mustang dealers will be? The list doesn't seem to exist on the Ford website.
i was told a similar Story a few months ago by the Ford dealer where i bought the ranger pick up

i guess this is a part of the premium strategy (Vignale)

on the other Hand Ford has already started such a program for the Transit van (competence Dealers with extra fast Service)

Sponsored

Holf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, my local dealer said not all dealers would be getting the Mustangs, but that was all the detail I got at the time....sounds like we're slowly getting more info!

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!

I heard the same some time ago.
My deealer does not know if the are going to be a ford store but I think the have applied. Mind you I have also heard that it will NOT just be Ford stores.
fact is, Ford dealer know about as much as we do. In fact, I think we know more!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
I think it's a good thing only certain dealers will be selling the Mustangs as some of the dealers are completely incompetent. For example, when I asked a local dealer about the Mustang they said "I'm sorry but we only sell Fords!" With a car like the Mustang I want it serviced by professionals who actually know about cars.

Whoever from the UK (and from this forum) gets the Mustang first, please let us know as I'd love to see/feel her in the flesh, if possible ;)

lewi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
I contacted three Ford dealerships within 50 miles of my home to see if they would be selling Mustangs. My nearest already knew they would not be an authorised dealership. Of the other two the Ford dealership in Bristol which is directly owned by Ford UK did not reply to my email, whilst the Exeter dealership came back immediately and confirmed that they would be the authorised dealership for the area. One of their sales staff is designated to handle Mustang sales and has started a mailing list for those who register an interest with them. He's promised to issue updates on a regular basis and to invite those on his register to preview sessions etc. He did point out that with only 1500-1700 'stangs being available to the UK in the first year, it would be impossible for every Ford dealer to be able to offer and more importantly, service them. Which raises an important point. If like me you live in a fairly rural area with dealerships quite far apart, you'll need to factor in travel to your authorised dealership for routine servicing etc. with long boring waits on windswept business estates whilst they do it!

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
you'll need to factor in travel to your authorised dealership for routine servicing etc. with long boring waits on windswept business estates whilst they do it!
So nothing different from owning a Mustang on this side of the pond in the previous 50 years ;)

Sponsored

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
well,
i just got hold of the latest issue of Auto, Motor, Sport, one of the leading car magazines here in Germany
and as every year the bring a huge list of the next year's new cars and the time These cars will be on the market...

September 2015 for the Mustang

so if the lhd Mustang will go on sale in September on the european mainland, the rhd Version for the uk will probably be even later...

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
well,
i just got hold of the latest issue of Auto, Motor, Sport, one of the leading car magazines here in Germany
and as every year the bring a huge list of the next year's new cars and the time These cars will be on the market...

September 2015 for the Mustang

so if the lhd Mustang will go on sale in September on the european mainland, the rhd Version for the uk will probably be even later...

Yes, I have just heard from a pretty reliable source that we are just under a year away from the car being in the UK
Disappointing to say the least!

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
it's too bad ford cannot make enough of a profit to justify setting up a european production line for the mustang. with just the one assembly plant in michigan trying to supply global orders i can understand why it is a disappointment for overseas buyers.

FelixGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2015 EU / Race Red
September?? Noooo! I thought summer...

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I'm getting thoughts of dangling carrots ....

Let's hope it's not going to be another 'New Mondeo' episode ... The car they call the Fusion in the US is only now being SHOWN at the dealers ... I'm not sure you can even order one yet. And the US has had it for, how long?
Sponsored