Sponsored

Mustang Paris Motor Show Debut

FelixGER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2015 EU / Race Red
Hi Felix........were did you get the confirmation of the HP? I was hoping it was just a confusion over the difference between brake horse power and horse power.....but 410bhp equates to 416hp :(
http://www.ford.de/UeberFord/HighlightsAktuelles/ParisMotorShow2014

click on "sport"

Der leistungsstarke optionale 5,5 Liter V8-Motor hat noch mehr Power unter der Haube: 307 kW (418 PS).

It says 418 PS but it also states the V8 is 5.5 Liters :headbonk:

British media are reporting 420 bhp (426 PS)....Maybe UK gets a little more Power.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
See, triple red tail lights. At least that's better than what we saw in that video earlier.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Clear taillights are a EuroSpec requirement, not a styling choice.

Just be glad we don't have to have it!

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Are they? Not in MY country nor in Germany.

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Nor in Spain as well, and the traffic regulations about vehicles visibility and lighting are common all accross EU. The EU requirements are that brakes must be red and turning lights, amber and blinking, that's all. There is not any provision that plastic covers must be clear, red or whatever, as far as the above rule is complied and the brightness of lights when switched reach certain thresholds. In fact many EU manufactured cars for local market have the plastic rear light covers tinted in red from factory, and nothing happens indeed (i.e, mine, Alfa 159. Bulbs off, red appearance, lights on, brakes in red and turning in amber).

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

Just be glad we don't have to have it!
Nor in Spain as well, and the traffic regulations about vehicles visibility and lighting are common all accross EU. The EU requirements are that brakes must be red and turning lights, amber and blinking, that's all. There is no any provision that plastic covers are clear, red or whatever, as far as the above rule is complied. In fact many EU manufactured cars for local market have the plastic rear light covers tinted in red from factory, and nothing happens indeed (i.e, mine, Alfa 159. Bulbs off, red appearance, lights on, brakes in red and turning in amber).

Not here, either.

I cannot believe this is an EU requirement as it would effect the majority of car for sale here, and most of them have red tails.

This is, as far as I can tell, just a mis-guided styling feature.

FWIW, our leading UK importer will be getting their first (US-spec) stock in within the next 4 to 6 weeks and, despite LHD, they will sell like hot cakes here in the UK.

I, and a bunch of local Mustang owners, will be taking a trip down to see them :)

pfcz

Threads
Reaction score
Not here, either.

I cannot believe this is an EU requirement as it would effect the majority of car for sale here, and most of them have red tails.

This is, as far as I can tell, just a mis-guided styling feature.

FWIW, our leading UK importer will be getting their first (US-spec) stock in within the next 4 to 6 weeks and, despite LHD, they will sell like hot cakes here in the UK.

I, and a bunch of local Mustang owners, will be taking a trip down to see them :)
+1 for Czech rep. about the taillights. I was told yesterday by our Ford that Mustang will be available by the end of June 2015. Taking into account the delay (as with mondeo) and delivery time from order, I expect driving own Mustang in 12 months. It is really long time. Any alternatives?

Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
So if you folks from around the world wanted to order a set of red "American" tail lights I'm sure it could be arranged but would that cause you trouble?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
So if you folks from around the world wanted to order a set of red "American" tail lights I'm sure it could be arranged but would that cause you trouble?
No trouble here in the UK......it'd be fine, but they WOULD need to be converted to flash an amber turn signal (we can't have flashing red here).

And this is precisely why I'm so frustrated. We have a local guy who's set up his own company converting US tail lamps to UK specs. He'll take on anything from a '66 to a '14 (he has examples of both) and can keep the US look, but make the turn signals flash amber to meet our requirements. So, if a single-man company can do this, WHY CAN'T FORD?!?!?

We know Ford read these forums, so I really, REALLY hope they take these concerns seriously, and re-think these lights. For me, the '15 tails are the coolest yet. The '13/'14 are superb, but I just love the simplicity of the '15s. This is what we want. Please, please, PLEASE!

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I would recommend :ford: to reconsider the changed features, the niche that will buy this isn't too large to begin with. Starting off by simply lying to them (we would all get the same car) isn't a good way to start out.

The only things I have been able to track down that HAVE TO be changed in the euro spec car are:
1. Sequential turn indicators in the back, they should blink instead. (In my country they could even get away with having them blinking in red)
2. The side reflectors (optional on anything shorter than a truck) have to be all amber
3. Hood scoops, maybe nota strict requirement, but I am sure there is pressure to attain a certain NCAP rating, which also includes stuff like safety for pedestrians and cyclists you may hit these days.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
And on the subject of the legality of sequential blinkers, check out this video of the new Citroen DS3 facelift:

[ame]
Sponsored