Sponsored

Mustang Paris Motor Show Debut

Haz93

Instagram - hlwaters93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 saloon (sedan)
My guess is the 2 red one orange are for the Asian market, and these 3 clear red are euro, and hopefully they are sequential too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
No.....those are just clears tails in use. And they look more pink than red to me.

If that power loss is true, plus these horrible lights, it's DEFINITELY a reason to import a US spec one :tsk:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
And confirmed, 418 PS (410 hp) instead of 441 PS (435 hp)...
bummer!

plus the missing hoodvents and those awful taillights...I think I´ll cancel :(

:brokenheart:

Hi Felix........were did you get the confirmation of the HP? I was hoping it was just a confusion over the difference between brake horse power and horse power.....but 410bhp equates to 416hp :(

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
No.....those are just clears tails in use. And they look more pink than red to me.

If that power loss is true, plus these horrible lights, it's DEFINITELY a reason to import a US spec one :tsk:

May be possible, indeed.

By the way, 5.0 with EB PP wheels...
EB convertible with clear GT PP wheels...
And if they are supposed to be somehow PP units (as it was said that PP was standard for Europe), without dashboard central gauges...

WTF??

:tsk:

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Looks like we're getting both the GT and the EB pony rear logo's in the shape of a fake gas cap.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
So to round things up:

- Dumbo side mirrors
- Rice Rice Baby tail lights
- No hood scoops on GT
- Tinted rear windows on coupe? (IEEEEEEEEEEUW!)
- No tri-bar DRLs?
- Useless orange reflectors in head lights
- Useless red side reflectors in rear bumper
- Ugly black EB PP wheels on GT
- No 20" wheels

And the good news:

- Adaptive cruise control available on both EB and GT
- Bright aluminum dash panel combined with Premium trim
- GT and Pony logos in the rear on a fake gas cap
- All 3 bars of the tail lights burn red

pfcz

Threads
Reaction score
In last couple of months I went through black, blue, magnetic, blue, yellow, white, yelow, blue or yellow.

And the clear taillights, imho look better on blue. So it is blue.

I would prefer red taillight or some combination. Definitely need to see the clear ones in real.

GT or EB? It will be DD, gasoline is expensive, more inclined to EB.

Iam driving manual all life and I am getting tired, need to read reviews regarding automatic.

All the interior gadgets, including the gauges I expect them to be in long list of extra. Are these presented cars with PP at all?

I have considered other fun cars, but either they are ugly imo or I do not want to pay so much for third car in family.

Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
So to round things up:

- Dumbo side mirrors
- Rice Rice Baby tail lights
- No hood scoops on GT
- No tri-bar DRLs?
- No 20" wheels
I'd hope we do get the tri-bar LED gill DRLs. We'll need some form of DRL and these are built in.

BTW, someone mentioned the requirement for self-leveling headlamps and headlamp washers. I'm lead to believe that these are only required in the EU for HID headlamps that are over a certain level of brightness (lumens). Obviously I have no idea how bright the Mustangs lamps are, but it might be why we've not seen evidence of any washers to date :)

BTW, I have just contacted Ford UK's Facebook page and asked why are we getting the clear tails. Is it legislation forcing it? As I suspected, they haven't got a clue. But at least I got a reply to my message.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
- No 20" wheels
We have no info at this point if these things are options or not (either way).

These reflectors may be legal requirements. Both side facing reflectors, in the front and back both have to be orange in my country. That said, that is only if they are present at all. Since they are only obligatory for vehicles larger than some minimal lenght. (typically large van van/small truck sized)

- No tri-bar DRLs?
Where did you get that from? They look to be there on the pics.

And the good news:
- GT and Pony logos in the rear on a fake gas cap
I wouldn't call that the good news ... I never fancied the cap. A simple pony logo would do.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I dig those wheels. I'd order them in a heartbeat. (I want a fastback tough)

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
These reflectors may be legal requirements. Both side facing reflectors, in the front and back both have to be orange in my country. That said, that is only if they are present at all. Since they are only obligatory for vehicles larger than some minimal lenght. (typically large van van/small truck sized)
Toyota removed them from their GT86 head lights for the European market. Those head lights are actually a popular upgrade in the US.

Where did you get that from? They look to be there on the pics.
The slots are there indeed. But there's also a small classic light bulb burning in one of the pictures. I read somewhere that someone at Ford Europe had said the tribars were not allowed for some reason. Seems strange to me too. But since the slots are in the head light units it will probably be a relatively easy mod, if needed.

I'm actually a bit more worried about the tail lights. Replacing the units will be a piece of cake, but there's a chance that the electronics that drive them need a software update too. That's what I ran into with my Audi when I replaced my tail lights with facelift ones.

As I suspected, they haven't got a clue.
Figures :(

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
But since the slots are in the head light units it will probably be a relatively easy mod, if needed.

I'm actually a bit more worried about the tail lights. Replacing the units will be a piece of cake, but there's a chance that the electronics that drive them need a software update too. That's what I ran into with my Audi when I replaced my tail lights with facelift ones.
Sounds like we'll need to stay in touch on these forums on how to go about this type of mods.

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I just read on a piece on a national car newssite that the tribar DRL gills are now turn indicators?? WTH? These guys have been misinformed on a number of occasions though, but if it is true, I don't know what to think of that.

I can only hope it's similar to certain german cars where the DLR's are normally white. but blink on/off in orange when the turn indicator is on.

Haz93

Instagram - hlwaters93
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 saloon (sedan)
I've replaced the lights on my MY10 focus zetec S to the RS lights which I had the software on my laptop to re-program the control module.
I have also done several mods on my A5 (cruise control retrofit/ front parking sensors/ etc..) which all required changing software in VagCom. I know there is software out there for every manufacturer for around £100/300 plus you will need a laptop but it is actually much easier than it seems.

I'm guessing even if we get these clear lights, there will be a way to make them sequential & red tri bar. And if you want to change to the red lights, there will be a way to make them flash on the outer light like the clear ones do in previous pictures, if you are worried about the legality of the sequential indicator.

All in all there's a lot of modding fun to be had in the future :)

And I'm sure the tinted windows will be an option. No company offers them as standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored