• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

MUSTANG LED FULL UPGRADE WITH **FREE SHIPPING TO UK/IRELAND**

Status
Not open for further replies.

StangNZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stang.nz
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
Stang AutoParts
** SPECIAL FOR UK & IRELAND 6G MEMBERS **
S550 MUSTANG FULL LED UPGRADE now only £228.00 (approx.) / (NZ$399.00) with FREE TRACKED SHIPPING to UK & Ireland Only.
Features Daytime Running Lights (DRL), Fogs, Intense Front Amber Indicators (G2), Parkers, Reverse, Map, Glove Box, Boot & Vanity Lights.
Online Store Only. 4 days Only or Until Stocks Runs Out.
Use special online code: UKFREESHIPLEDS at checkout to get this offer!

Get them here -->
https://www.stang.nz/collections/lighting/products/mustang-led-full-upgrade-pack
STANG AutoParts
S550-LED-Upgrade-Kit-4.jpg
Mustang Yellow 2.jpg
Mustang White 5.jpg
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
That's a crap load of money for some LEDs :O. All mine cost no more than £50....

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Not all LEDs are alike. My Ford Focus DRLs were £400 on their own, plus a load of fannying about (they do look great though)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Not all LEDs are alike. My Ford Focus DRLs were £400 on their own, plus a load of fannying about (they do look great though)
Yep, but they're DRL >AND< fog light (If I'm not mistaken, the Mustang has the same ones, they're about £250 all in and run from a transit van).

You can buy the LED Bulb that fits in there for £30 and leave the fogs halogen. Which appears to be what's happening here.

Map lights, trunk lights, sidelights, nothing comes close to making up an extra £200!!!!!

OP
OP
StangNZ

StangNZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stang.nz
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
Stang AutoParts
Steve Manders, as other members point out, NOT all LED's are alike. There are cheap & nasty with little or no warranty, and there are quality products backed with warranties from reputable manufacturers like Philips etc. Just because you have chosen to put some cheap bulbs in your EcoBoost, doesn't mean that you are the authority on LED's or that everyone should do what you do. I suggest you read and familiarise yourself with what you are criticising before reacting vigorously with your keyboard to give everyone your unqualified opinion.
BTW for all others reading - the DRL's are separate LED's, the Fogs are separate LED's - it is a Full LED conversion so you don't need to leave the Fogs Halogen - that is the point.
Somehow Steve, I think this has all come about because the All Blacks beat the Lions over the weekend.....

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Steve Manders, as other members point out, NOT all LED's are alike. There are cheap & nasty with little or no warranty, and there are quality products backed with warranties from reputable manufacturers like Philips etc. Just because you have chosen to put some cheap bulbs in your EcoBoost, doesn't mean that you are the authority on LED's or that everyone should do what you do. I suggest you read and familiarise yourself with what you are criticising before reacting vigorously with your keyboard to give everyone your unqualified opinion.
BTW for all others reading - the DRL's are separate LED's, the Fogs are separate LED's - it is a Full LED conversion so you don't need to leave the Fogs Halogen - that is the point.
Somehow Steve, I think this has all come about because the All Blacks beat the Lions over the weekend.....
I don't watch rugby so that's the first I've heard about that. :lol::lol:. Honestly I'm not going at you guys personally, so don't take it that way.

As it looks to include fogs, the pricing is more reasonable, as they're at least £100 for a pair. But what I was trying to get across is a full kit (Say DRL ONLY, and the rest, doesn't come close in value to £225, even if you bought warranty backed bulbs etc, or if you constantly changed "bad bulbs" etc).

What DRLs are you running? And are you providing the correct wiring harness for the Fogs as well, or are you replacing the entire unit with an OSRAM one? As when I'd tried to swap the fogs it looked to be a bit of a faff to make them LEDs (Same with headlights). DRLs I only ask because there's very few that actually fit, so far found Konik (aus) and Proled's that actually fit in the hole - redundant statement if the whole unit changes.

FYI, my bulbs in the ecoboost aren't cheap by any stretch, nor have they ever not worked. Funnily enough the expensive lights I have are the only ones that've ever messed up and they were my DD DRLs (The Tribars) which originally sequentialled wrong (went 1,3,2 rather than 1,2,3), then they flickered when on sidelight only, then they sent a bad 'fix' which caused them to stay orange, and then they finally fixed them. So no Price does not equal quality. LEDs are more determined on the built in resistors to stop the PWM having a fit, causing flickers etc, etc.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Having had an in depth conversation with one of the techs at Fortis last week (getting my halo light fixed), the world of LED's is a minefield, with cheap and nasty Chinese copies branded under trade names. The problem with these are the resistors and or solder, they mostly can't handle the watts which causes them to heat up and fail.

He actually showed me the affect on another mustangs interior map lights, he tapped them and they would flicker.

So not all LED's are equal.

Oh and I was disappointed at the Lions result, however, as always, I'm magnanimous in defeat as I am in victory :D, two tests to go ;)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Having had an in depth conversation with one of the techs at Fortis last week (getting my halo light fixed), the world of LED's is a minefield, with cheap and nasty Chinese copies branded under trade names. The problem with these are the resistors and or solder, they mostly can't handle the watts which causes them to heat up and fail.

He actually showed me the affect on another mustangs interior map lights, he tapped them and they would flicker.

So not all LED's are equal.

Oh and I was disappointed at the Lions result, however, as always, I'm magnanimous in defeat as I am in victory :D, two tests to go ;)
was it the Jamaican dude? I spoke to him about it all as well, been doing it for years and years. It's funny some flicker so easily, yet others don't. I've been having LED issues in the house as we've just spent a fortune redoing them, we've been back and forth with the same company getting new sets sent... Oh, and not to name, names, they're the "Biggest lighting supplier in the UK" or so they claim, elder brother audits them so got a deal, but seems their products are just trashy. LEDs are far from "robust" solutions just yet, but, they look pretty and are easy to change so hey ho :lol:.

FWIW the Jamaican guy (Or as I was introduced to him as "The master electrician") was the guy that fixed my lights sequencing wrong, proper sound guy :thumbsup:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
"elder brother audits them so got a deal" Er, scuse me?

OP
OP
StangNZ

StangNZ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stang.nz
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
Stang AutoParts
Thanks for your feedback. We are Kiwi's, we have to have a dig about Rugby lol...

We run KONIK P13W's on the DRL's, as you will know they are very reliable and very reputable and one of the few DRL bulbs that fit snug in the housing. We run KONIK H8 CREE's on the Fogs, but they are LG chipped and also very reliable bulbs. Actually the most expensive bulbs to produce in this set are the custom-made CANbus Error-Free G2 Intense Amber Indicators - these are brilliant bulbs, no resistors or ECU needed (these are the ones that normally would trigger hyper-flashing and warning lights with CANbus). We run Philips bulbs on many of the others in the package, and although they are expensive, they are very reputable bulbs with low fail rate and high reliability that befits this car.

We use to stock the OSRAM LED/Fogs and they sure look the best in the fog light housing, but the issue is that each bulb is run by a separate driver and the driver for the DRL's often failed. We had a number of buyers who had to take them back for replacement, the warranty process was a headache (invalid if owner's installed themselves), so we stopped stocking this item. I wish they were more reliable as they are the best looking solution out there.

Actually, the RHD Mustang DRL/Fog set-up is somewhat common across many new cars - Subaru WRX, Levorg and many other models run exactly the same dual set-up inside the fog light housing (P13W/H8).

As you well point out, the biggest issue is avoiding warning lights and hyper-flashing caused by vehicle ECU not recognising the lower-wattage LED's, but our kit has this completely sorted. We provide the best bulbs, best reliability, backed by warranty and our experience in selling hundreds of these kits.

Agreed, price does not always equal quality, but more important is compatibility, reliability and longevity of the bulbs. We believe that when buyers are willing to spend £33k+ on a new car, we should provide the best quality accessories for that vehicle.
As you well pointed out by the time you add £100 for fogs, say half for DRL's, more than half again for G2 Amber Indicators, then add reverse lights, parkers, and all interior lights, I think that you can easily calculate for yourself how it comes to around £225 odd. And we are offering to ship it FREE from the other side of the world - that in itself is not cheap!
We always appreciate feedback and we don't take anything personally, we run a business after all, but when we advertise what we know is a good deal and a good product and the first comment posted is "That's a crap load of money for some LED's", then we feel we need to respond with our knowledge and experience. Someone's gotta reign in these Keyboard Warriors!

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
"elder brother audits them so got a deal" Er, scuse me?
brother whom is older than me audits (As in auditing the company) so got a deal on the lights ;)!

[MENTION=25264]StangNZ[/MENTION] no that's fine, there was just no reference to it all on the site, so just seemed like it could have been cheap and cheerful LEDs for the sake of making huge profit. I appreciate you confirming all of the brands products involved within the pack. Might be worth editing the OP with them in, same with the website.

P.s not a keyboard warrior, but impossible to talk in person when you're in new zealand :lol:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
:shrug:So how do you add it to your cart [MENTION=25264]StangNZ[/MENTION]?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Question for StangNZ:)

Can we buy individual bulbs??

I wouldn't mind the indicators, but don't need Fogs, interior, reverse etc etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.