Sponsored

mustang black edition

activeuk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Just spoke to bristol street ford birmingham about the 2018 mustang they said they have be told by ford uk not to push the 2018 mustang as it may not be here till 2019 if it comes.
There will be a mustang black edition before the end of the year but no details on it.
Would take it with a pinch of salt as we all know what ford are like
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Just spoke to bristol street ford birmingham about the 2018 mustang they said they have be told by ford uk not to push the 2018 mustang as it may not be here till 2019 if it comes.
There will be a mustang black edition before the end of the year but no details on it.

BS, once production line fires up in USA and order book open it will be the usual 9-12 months from then. :)

They are shitting it, Black Edition will no doubt be all the current un-sold custom pack cars with their wheels, chrome, mirrors and roofs painted black haha to make them look a bit meaner/sportier.

Problem Ford have now is the none petrol head customers, general consumer won;t want the current car, because of the NCAP bullshit, this could really become a major issue for Ford as the general public who had maybe considered one will now be scared away.

OP
OP

activeuk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
yea thats what i thought think the dealers are all ways the last to know any thing about whats going on

Chillicat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DS5
Will be interesting to see what happens with orders in light of the NCAP results. You need to do a fair bit of digging to find that question mark over the efficacy of the front airbags aside actual front seat passengers are generally well protected. I've had some serious work to do in convincing my wife that the Mustangs safe and I shouldn't cancel my order.
Still maybe if others do cancel it might reduce delivery times.

markleigh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark... duh!
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Mustang GT ...just sold :-(

Sponsored

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT

I'll translate that as:

"Don't push the 2018 as we still have 2017 cars to sell, and that's going to be more difficult given the NCAP disaster. Tell them it'll be 2019....then they won't want to wait and will buy one now"

;)

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
My wife spotted the Euro-NCAP thanks to a Facebook post by my brother, whom I will thank next time I see him :paddle: .

Luckily she is fairly analytical and concluded that the Mustang was still much safer than my old Caterham, so is not bothered especially as many of these electronic gizmos that it lacks we have never had on previous cars. The sales guy when I brought my Jag was most taken aback when Sir didn't want the automatic radar cruise control for ÂŁ1200 as Sir has 2 perfectly functioning MK1 eyeballs, connected to his brain that then talked to the foot which looked after the brake pedal.

One wonders, airbags aside, if :ford: will come out with some sort of retrofit package (which for their customers is reasonably priced) for the electronic gizmos that the non US cars are missing (BLIS, lane departure etc) and boost the ratings up? It may not be cheap for them to do, but lots of unsold Euro and APAC Mustangs might force their hand?

Irrespective, I'm looking forwards to mine arriving!