Not open for further replies.

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Here's one for you. When I switched out the wheels and tires on the '16, I put the OE's on Craigslist. Within hours I got a text from a guy (maybe) who by his phone number I knew to be in New Jersey. Quickly texted him that I wasn't interested in selling to someone across the country because of packaging and shipping costs. He texted back that he would pay all shipping charges and that he was really interested (the text was in a different phone number from the first).
I was already positive it was a scam but I decided to play along, see where it would go. We texted some more and came to an agreement in price to be paid by cashier's check. Anyway, check comes and it is 3x the amount we agreed on. Cashier's check is drawn from a bank in Ohio. Hmmm, he's supposedly in New Jersey and yet gets a cashier's check from a bank in Ohio? Called the bank. Gave them the routing and account info on the check. Check was fake.
So, I texted the guy about the amount on the check. He said that he had been doing different financial transactions that day and mistakenly sent me the wrong amount. He told me to just deposit the check and send him the difference through Western Union. I finally decided that I had played enough. Told him that the check was bogus and that he was nothing more than a scam artist and a liar. Told him to stick his head up his ass. He never responded.

OP
OP
Shawn78600

Shawn78600

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
GT350 #K2058
Vehicle Showcase
Here's one for you. When I switched out the wheels and tires on the '16, I put the OE's on Craigslist. Within hours I got a text from a guy (maybe) who by his phone number I knew to be in New Jersey. Quickly texted him that I wasn't interested in selling to someone across the country because of packaging and shipping costs. He texted back that he would pay all shipping charges and that he was really interested (the text was in a different phone number from the first).
I was already positive it was a scam but I decided to play along, see where it would go. We texted some more and came to an agreement in price to be paid by cashier's check. Anyway, check comes and it is 3x the amount we agreed on. Cashier's check is drawn from a bank in Ohio. Hmmm, he's supposedly in New Jersey and yet gets a cashier's check from a bank in Ohio? Called the bank. Gave them the routing and account info on the check. Check was fake.
So, I texted the guy about the amount on the check. He said that he had been doing different financial transactions that day and mistakenly sent me the wrong amount. He told me to just deposit the check and send him the difference through Western Union. I finally decided that I had played enough. Told him that the check was bogus and that he was nothing more than a scam artist and a liar. Told him to stick his head up his ass. He never responded.
wow thats crazy

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Had you played real hardball with him, you could have had yourself a trophy 419’er....
https://www.419eater.com/

Be careful folks - these scams are running rampant on MANY forums at the movement, same MO too.

Also be aware phone numbers and email addresses can be faked through online email and phone number spoofers. The scammer uses a “10 minute email” that they can add ANY ISP suffix such as @gmail.com, @comcast.net, @whatever.com and if calling/texting, they are using a service that makes their phone number appear as one in your local area code OR one anywhere in the United States, when actually they’re either overseas or thousands of miles away in another State scamming...

M.A.N.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ranger 2018 F-150 2014 GT500
It's already been said but people like that just ruins it for everyone else. It's non stop, them
calling me sometimes several times a day. Claiming to be the IRS or charges on Amazon
account, something all the time. Wish they would lock them up. Could you imagine how
nice it would be if everyone was honest.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
It is not only shady individuals but large corporations. Verizon is currently jacking me around on a verbal contract. I am about to file a small courts claim to resolve on a matter of principle, keeping your word. I have screen shots of communications ECT.. to support the agreement. It will cost me $250 to file but them a tremendous amount to defend.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.