Morning commute

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
So I was driving to work this morning doing the normal routine. I'm on a 2 lane road mostly straight with legit passing zones. 40mph speed zone and come up to someone going 10 under. As I approach, I move to pass and not needing to gas it at all. This mofo punches it and now we're side by side. Luckily it's like 4:30am so nobody but us on the road. I let off the gas because I usually don't play these games while going to a place I'd rather not be. The person also lets off the gas to maintain being side by side. So I then downshift and hit it. I pull ahead easy enough, it was a 4 door Mercedes but too dirty to guess the model. I was up to waytoofast mph before getting back in the correct lane and then this person rides my ass the entire way till they can pass me. Then they stay side by side as much as they can till I get to the base where I work and they drive off. Someone clearly wanted to go to breakfast or something with me. Multiple unsafe acts by that person. I just want to get where I need to go in one piece.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I always say ā€˜If your not first your lastā€™ when someone pulls that crap. Had a guy do something like that Sunday while we were out driving around. Zero point but in that situation I just sped away.

Road rage is a weird primatial human emotional outburst. I donā€™t partake.
I just don't get it, you're going slower and someone passes you, who cares. My brother has done the same thing while I was a passenger and I thought it was dumb (of my bro) there too.

I guess I'm most surprised at how long they stayed with me. Usually something happens and then it's done. This was a good 10 miles or so.

Deleted member 35644

I'd say put some distance between you and them. I don't want to be behind the accident they cause. Of course my "commute" now involves getting out of bed and walking to the office.

20210307_181935.jpg

And yes, I cleaned up the ethernet.

20210309_143648.jpg
Sharp, man. Where's you get that cable conduit?

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I'd say put some distance between you and them. I don't want to be behind the accident they cause. Of course my "commute" now involves getting out of bed and walking to the office.

20210307_181935.jpg

And yes, I cleaned up the ethernet.

20210309_143648.jpg
Looks like you upgraded!! Happy for you man!!

I tried to put them behind me a few times but they caught back up, was cold so wasn't going to push too hard around corners and such. Then on i5 I don't go much above 60 and like to chill in the right lane while everyone races by. This dude stayed by my side as I varied my speed as low as 50 and as high as...some numbers. I tend to avoid using the warp drive on freeways...usually. Took the earliest exit to get on base just to get out of the situation. Too damn early for that kind of BS.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
They probably we sad their stimulus check hasn't arrived then got upset when they saw someone with a job, going to work. Did you have a Dr. Suess book on the dash or maybe a Mr. Potato in the passenger seat?

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Excuse me sir or madam or non-binary person, the proper term is Potatohead. We also don't mention that particular author anymore...their writing is problematic to the current social norms.
Oh the places my foot will go when someone in my house tries to tell me my vintage Mr. Potatohead offends them...
Sponsored