avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Check this plug on the LHS, mine was close to manifold and just dangling there, now I've moved it out the way and tie wrapped, also the idiots at my dealorship who done my wiring loom fix has broke this outlet on the air intake.They obviously didn't unplug it and moving the air intake at an angle has cracked it. Also the 5 litre cover seemed loose; it was definately tight before, when I removed it to check one of the grommets was missing, I felt around and it had dropped down so I managed to retrieve it and refit.God knows what the wiring loom fix is like I dread to look.This is my f!@#ing car and if you can't do it right then I will go somewhere else.
20160117_122438.jpg
20160117_122301.jpg
20160117_131437.jpg
Sponsored

Mustang1878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Black Fastback C/P
Offt, is that a tape job? Mine broke on the st and required a new pipe but the whole intake pipe snapped off, do the mustangs have under trays or are the first pics taken from top of bonnet?

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The first 2 pictures are looking down on the plug .It was really close to the manifold. Be interesting to see if the others were taped to the loom near the fuse box. I'm phoning the dealer tomorrow.I can't be bothered for them to sort me out a new part, they won't be seeing me again.Short term I have araldited it and will probably fit a new air intake system when ford racing bring there's out.I know accidents can happen but I don't trust them!

Mustang1878

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Black Fastback C/P
Overall the whole fix just seems an unprofessional bodge job, they'd be better sending the parts to customers homes to do it themselves, not what you need on a new 35k car, long as you tell them why you wont be using them again they might be more careful and at least learn from it, does anyone know if that mustang on pistonheads that caught fire relate to the wiringloom touching the manifold?

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's the general thought going around.I'm an engineer by trade so
I could have took the intake system off and done it myself.All the loose wiring that I can see I have tied or taped up.At the end of the day it's not there car it's just a job.I want someone whose passionate about mustang to work on my car not a fat bloke reject from quickfit !

Sponsored

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
I don't think you're ever going to get someone who takes as much care as you will with your own car. However, the main dealers are pretty ridiculous. They'll take no care with your car, cause damage and then deny they've done anything.

Nostruss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang S550 GT Race Red Fastback, A4 B7
The first 2 pictures are looking down on the plug .It was really close to the manifold. Be interesting to see if the others were taped to the loom near the fuse box. I'm phoning the dealer tomorrow.I can't be bothered for them to sort me out a new part, they won't be seeing me again.Short term I have araldited it and will probably fit a new air intake system when ford racing bring there's out.I know accidents can happen but I don't trust them!
My Dad always says iIf you look for problems, you'll find them. Everything's working fine on my car and it's a brilliant car for the money. I guess (most of us) we're used to German build quality.....An M4 would be ÂŁ70K for this spec.....:lol::lol:http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/images/smilies/lol.gif I think this is part of the Mustang thing and I expected to compromise in some areas.......Nothing comes for free. It ain't perfection. But it's fecking good and in this case, good is not just good enough - it's what I waited almost a year for. :headbonk:

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of our cars were held at flat rock for weeks getting checked???
I found the loose plug flapping around near the manifold in seconds.If I can avoid a potential problem I will take action.