Sponsored

MIDTNS550 Mod Day

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2023 GT4
[MENTION=19289]Nick[/MENTION] [MENTION=18542]ManBearPig[/MENTION] [MENTION=16324]Nucdancer01[/MENTION] [MENTION=15268]shobbs007[/MENTION] [MENTION=7179]SVTDSM[/MENTION] [MENTION=10418]_M_[/MENTION] [MENTION=14538]Dizzle58[/MENTION] [MENTION=17555]Murdered_s550[/MENTION]

So this will be thread we use to organize the weekend Mod day. I've sent out the promo code to those that asked about parts and have added who all seemed interested even in just hanging out for this. If I have missed anyone let me know! Once parts are ordered and in we'll find a nice weekend and get some parts installed and get some photos :)
Sponsored

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Race Red/PP; 2009 Tundra RW
You can't order until you fix that siggie pic :D

Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Cool. Keep us posted. Would love to swing by for 550 day just to meet all you yahoos until the 350 stuff is released

Nucdancer01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford Premium PP, MT82
I'm still not quite ready for suspension, want the MGW shifter, not sure about the front end.. I could do the springs now and replace shocks later-just wanted to do all in one round. Maybe some stop-the-hop stuff..??

Sent from my Oxford White 2015 GT PP, Prem

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm still not quite ready for suspension, want the MGW shifter, not sure about the front end.. I could do the springs now and replace shocks later-just wanted to do all in one round. Maybe some stop-the-hop stuff..??

The IRS bushing support & subframe alignment kit are pretty simple to do and helps solidify the rear some without requiring any major time or alignment. The support braces are on my to do list but haven't bought them yet. They are another simple bolt on without a lot of trouble.

Mos of the suspension pieces I have left I'll do all at once along with shocks when the Koni's get released.

Sponsored

Nucdancer01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford Premium PP, MT82
Koni's are up for preorder.. I was thinking about FRPP and ultralights, but wanted to see how the spring rates and Koni shocks pair together. You can take the absolute best of each, but if not tuned for each other-you're just wasting money.

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I know a lot of people have been happy with the FRPP and ultralites but I'm going to hold off until the Koni's actually come out and I get some real world opinions before committing to one or the other.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Koni's are up for preorder.. I was thinking about FRPP and ultralights, but wanted to see how the spring rates and Koni shocks pair together. You can take the absolute best of each, but if not tuned for each other-you're just wasting money.

I am at Steeda today get parts installed. I talked to Jaime about the Koni shocks that will be release soon thru Steeda. They are valved to run with the ultra-lite springs (custom valved to Steedas needs). He said the ride improves over the PP shocks/struts with the ultra-lites but handling is really improved. Best of both worlds.

OP
OP
DarkSubRosa

DarkSubRosa

GTFO_0027
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am at Steeda today get parts installed. I talked to Jaime about the Koni shocks that will be release soon thru Steeda. They are valved to run with the ultra-lite springs (custom valved to Steedas needs). He said the ride improves over the PP shocks/struts with the ultra-lites but handling is really improved. Best of both worlds.
That's what I'm talking bout! I think the Koni's are adjustable too right? I honestly would just be ok with them not. I feel like I'll make it worse by trying to adjust them myself.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
That's what I'm talking bout! I think the Koni's are adjustable too right? I honestly would just be ok with them not. I feel like I'll make it worse by trying to adjust them myself.
I am not sure to be honest. I can't remember if he said they were or were not adjustable.

I am fine either way, too.
Sponsored