Sponsored

Media reviews of euro-spec model

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Pirelli P Zeros
That's what I thought until a couple of people said about them being sketchy in the rain then I questioned myself because p zeros have good ratings for rain use??

As for the cold rating not being below 10 degrees C that's silly for some of Europe even in the "summer" months lol

A little research shows the mustang crowd back when the S197 came out we're having the same discussion about the P Zeros on those cars and back then the non performance packaged cars had the P Zero Neros fitted. A guy asked Pirelli directly and this was the response from them

"We thank you for your recent inquiry. The Pirelli P Zero is an ultra high performance summer tire and will perform in both wet and dry conditions. They have a high temperature resistance and they will not be damaged by the high temperatures experienced during summer. Pirelli summer tires should not be used at or below 45F degrees ambient temperature. Also, we would greatly
appreciate it, if you could email a picture of the sticker you are referring to.

Pirelli Tire North America
Consumer Affairs
Attached thumbnail(s)"

So 45F = 7C and we are receiving the first batch at the start of winter....
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
That's what I thought until a couple of people said about them being sketchy in the rain then I questioned myself because p zeros have good ratings for rain use??

As for the cold rating not being below 10 degrees C that's silly for some of Europe even in the "summer" months lol

A little research shows the mustang crowd back when the S197 came out we're having the same discussion about the P Zeros on those cars and back then the non performance packaged cars had the P Zero Neros fitted. A guy asked Pirelli directly and this was the response from them

"We thank you for your recent inquiry. The Pirelli P Zero is an ultra high performance summer tire and will perform in both wet and dry conditions. They have a high temperature resistance and they will not be damaged by the high temperatures experienced during summer. Pirelli summer tires should not be used at or below 45F degrees ambient temperature. Also, we would greatly
appreciate it, if you could email a picture of the sticker you are referring to.

Pirelli Tire North America
Consumer Affairs
Attached thumbnail(s)"

So 45F = 7C and we are receiving the first batch at the start of winter....

Surely this would make the tyre "not fit for purpose"?

Nordic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joakim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I will not drive my car during dec to mars, the swedish roades are so full of salt that my Mustang will look like an Alfa Romeo from 1975 after one winter!

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I will not drive my car during dec to mars, the swedish roades are so full of salt that my Mustang will look like an Alfa Romeo from 1975 after one winter!
so you mean a great car?

:D:D:D:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

tarnisil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 turbo
[ame]

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
This is the review I have been waiting for because Chris Harris always gets his reviews spot on IMO!! I like how he is unbiased and talks about the cars from different points of views and is completely honest. What he was saying about the car is correct, even the not so good bits BUT he then says why and realise at the end of the day what you are getting for the price of this car...and that is a lot!! but I can tell he likes the Mustang GT :)

[ame]

Last edited:
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
This is the review I have been waiting for because Chris Harris always gets his reviews spot on IMO!! I like how he is unbiased and talks about the cars from different points of views and is completely honest. What he was saying about the car is correct, even the not so good bits BUT he then says why and realise at the end of the day what you are getting for the price of this car...and that is a lot!! but I can tell he likes the Mustang GT :)

Nice. Pretty much everything I would have hoped for. Assuming that's the standard exhaust then it sounds good. Appreciate it won't be loud enough for some, but for me I would definitely want to hear it on full chat in person before shelling out $2k on an aftermarket.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU

Better not to ask him to do an EB review since he's already pissing on it... none the less great review though!

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
oooh I want :)

but... not to beat that old horse again... but I'm pretty sure I saw only 2 red lights on the rear at times in that video?! and... the front tribars? which tribars?!! :(

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Better not to ask him to do an EB review since he's already pissing on it... none the less great review though!
I think he should as he might be surprised as well except on the exhaust sounds...And that's an easy one to upgrade...
Also convinced a $ 500 Cobb accesport will bring the EB pretty close to the GT in regards of power feeling...
We'll find out...hopefully very soon :D:cheers:

tarnisil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 turbo
I think he should as he might be surprised as well except on the exhaust sounds...And that's an easy one to upgrade...
Also convinced a $ 500 Cobb accesport will bring the EB pretty close to the GT in regards of power feeling...
We'll find out...hopefully very soon :D:cheers:
I contacted Cobb and, unfortunately, their Accessport won't be available for EU specs cars... :(

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
oooh I want :)

but... not to beat that old horse again... but I'm pretty sure I saw only 2 red lights on the rear at times in that video?! and... the front tribars? which tribars?!! :(
It's still the same for several months now:
Normal rearlight: 3 bars in very light red
Brake: 2 inner bars in strong red

Cameras wont do justice to the shined on lights. It's not like real LEDs, but ok. In the dark you should totally see the tribars being shined on.

aZCEmAy.jpg
Sponsored