Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Many of you are already aware of our P1 or "phase 1" products, but now we have them all listed out and ready for purchase on our website. Buying the full P1 kit at once in the following link nets you a 10% discount, or roughly $235.00 dollars in savings!

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Looks good, will you guys be offering the catted downpipe with this package? I didn't see an option for it.

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Looks good, will you guys be offering the catted downpipe with this package? I didn't see an option for it.

The catted downpipe is not a huge seller, and I haven't put together a full tune with the catted pipe yet. Because we use quality, expensive, high flow cats I don't feel the need to have a used one laying around for testing purposes. We have test fitting it, jigged it up, and they are ready to sell. Out of the 28 downpipes we have sold, 27 of them have been catless. If I get more catted downpipe interest, I will definitely put together a tune for one, it will be very similar for sure.

http://www.maperformance.com/2015-e...downpipe-by-maperformance-map-ebm-cat-dp.html

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Just a thought, on your description which states the following, you should change it to whp instead of hp.

"The MAP P1 upgrade kit is everything you need to turn your Ford Mustang Ecoboost into a 330 whp monster in just a weekend! When buying everything together, you save 10% versus buying separately."

If a person just glanced at that initial description, they might think they're paying $2k+ to only have 20 hp over stock and disregard it. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Just a thought, on your description which states the following, you should change it to whp instead of hp.

"The MAP P1 upgrade kit is everything you need to turn your Ford Mustang Ecoboost into a 330 whp monster in just a weekend! When buying everything together, you save 10% versus buying separately."

If a person just glanced at that initial description, they might think they're paying $2k+ to only have 20 hp over stock and disregard it. :thumbsup:
Thank you for the suggestion, will get it changed now. However, if you look through the long description we show what it makes over factory to the wheels ;).

Sponsored

dvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
I for one, will NOT buy a catless DP!

ronv95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I for one, will NOT buy a catless DP!
If your not going catless I wouldn't even bother the gains will be too minimal

Chaos_Being

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 2006 Scion tC
Looks like I have some work to do then! :lol:
I too would be more interested in a catted DP vs. catless - or at least, interested in seeing the performance difference. On other platforms I've seen there not be much of a difference between a high flow cat and catless in terms of power, and you don't have to deal with the stench.

I'm curious about the power differences between your manual and automatic installs too. I wasn't under the impression that there was much of a difference in dynos between the two due to drivetrain losses, stock anyways. I saw on your other thread that the auto car you installed on was running higher charge temps for some reason, is that why it is down so much power vs. the manual, or are there other tuning differences? Or am I complete off base in my musings? :)

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
I too would be more interested in a catted DP vs. catless - or at least, interested in seeing the performance difference. On other platforms I've seen there not be much of a difference between a high flow cat and catless in terms of power, and you don't have to deal with the stench.

I'm curious about the power differences between your manual and automatic installs too. I wasn't under the impression that there was much of a difference in dynos between the two due to drivetrain losses, stock anyways. I saw on your other thread that the auto car you installed on was running higher charge temps for some reason, is that why it is down so much power vs. the manual, or are there other tuning differences? Or am I complete off base in my musings? :)

Sorry, just saw your comment. Catted downpipe is going to produce the same torque but there will be a loss of ~5-10whp over the catless.

As far as the difference in power between the AT vs MT the numbers were posted originally with minor tune adjustments. Now the AT and MT are making the same power 325-300whp / 400-420wtq.

Here is a dynograph from the latest full P1 I tuned which was an AT car. I have the torque hitting a little lighter on this car to keep from wheel spin as he does track it.

Sponsored

Chaos_Being

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium, 2006 Scion tC
Awesome, thanks! That dyno looks great.

I may not even mess with the down pipe...I'm thinking an intake, intercooler and tune would be a nice combo for power and still be sleeper-ish (until turbo noise is heard out of the intake anyways :p) Then maybe a cat-back if I want some grumble...

I'm in no rush, I want to get some more miles on first!

OP
OP
MAPerformance

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, thanks! That dyno looks great.

I may not even mess with the down pipe...I'm thinking an intake, intercooler and tune would be a nice combo for power and still be sleeper-ish (until turbo noise is heard out of the intake anyways :p) Then maybe a cat-back if I want some grumble...

I'm in no rush, I want to get some more miles on first!
Not a bad choice! Let me know when you are ready, just drop me a pm and I will get you squared away!

Cheers,
Adam
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.