Sponsored

MAP VIEW CUTTING IN AND OUT!!!

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
The Map View has been working fine until this weekend. During a long drive (400 miles), I had the destination set and standard scale map view. After about an hour of continuous driving the map view went black! The destination directions display continued to work fine. I first shut off the screen display and restarted it. The map view stayed black. I randomly set map display commands, without success of restoring the display. We stopped for gas. After startup, the map display rebooted...Yay!!! but within another 30 miles the display blacked out again. The destination directions still displayed continuously. Next time, after engine shut down and restart, the display stayed black. My wife continued to play with the screen commands, until finally the display came back on. Neither of us could remember the exact sequence of commands that restored the display (if we really did do it).
Has any one else had this happen to them? What was the cause? Were you able to discover how to restore the map display when it goes black?
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Did you buy it in another state, etc. Or travel far with it..?

OP
OP

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I have owned the Mustang since 2015. I have traveled multiple times from Minnesota to Florida without the map screen ever blanking out.
The map screen has never gone black on short trips. This is a new glitch and I was curious if the same problem arose with any one else: a blank map view but directions still displayed.
Sponsored