Sponsored

Map lights not turning on when opening door. SOLVED

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Hey I just installed the Diode Dynamics interior LED kit and everything went fine (except for the ceremonious blowing of the fuse). The only issue I have is that when I open the door the map lights aren't coming on. The fuse has been replaced and all the lights work. Anyone have an idea or know what is causing it?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Did you check the lighting settings in the info screen? I think there is an option there to not have them come on. Maybe the blown fuse did some witchcraft?

OP
OP

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you check the lighting settings in the info screen? I think there is an option there to not have them come on. Maybe the blown fuse did some witchcraft?
Thanks I'll take a look in there. Never thought to check.

If anyone else has suggestions please let me know.

OP
OP

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I still can't figure this one out. I've gone through settings and there is no option. Fuses are fine as well.

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Shadow Black / Redline Interior
Ok I still can't figure this one out. I've gone through settings and there is no option. Fuses are fine as well.
Tripe check your fuse. Swap in a new one for shits and giggles. I've had times where I was certain a fuse was fine only to be blown in such a way that it was not immediately apparent by looking at it.

Sponsored

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
^ ^ x2. I have extracted fuses that are visibly intact...but which have no continuity when measured.

That said, when you said the lights work, I figured you had activated them manually...which of course means the fuse is okay.

What about when opening the other door?

OP
OP

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^ ^ x2. I have extracted fuses that are visibly intact...but which have no continuity when measured.

That said, when you said the lights work, I figured you had activated them manually...which of course means the fuse is okay.

What about when opening the other door?
Yeah all the lights work when I manually do it. Map lights turn on when I press button, trunk light works, glove box works, and so do vanity mirrors.

I never open the passenger door... I will check that the next time I'm in the car.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Starting to sound like the door switch, my friend. Was there ever a time when it worked normally? When? What changed since then? It may be necessary to pull the door panel & dig a little.

OP
OP

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Starting to sound like the door switch, my friend. Was there ever a time when it worked normally? When? What changed since then? It may be necessary to pull the door panel & dig a little.
It worked fine until I blew the fuse and replaced it. I'll dig a little this weekend. I don't get much time during the week to do things.

I'm just trying to get suggestions on where to look, hoping someone had the same issue.

OP
OP

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I wanted to update this in case someone else has the issue. I've solved it. The culprit was one of the wires in the housing with the map lights. It seems as if it was getting pinched when I put the housing back up. So I just played with the wire as I opened the door to see what would work. Got it right and plugged it back up and it works flawless now.

Thanks for the tips guys.
Sponsored