Sponsored

Making A GT Look Like a Mach 1

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Do whatever you want. It’s your car! I think I’m the definition of a parts bin 🤣 This was a 400a model non-PP1. Added pp2 replicas, pp2 front lip, mach 1 rear & exhaust, gt350 rear spoiler, gt350 sway bars. It’s not upbadged at all but none of those parts came on the car. Sharing this to encourage you to do whatever you want to your car

IMG_6567.jpeg
IMG_5989.jpeg
Yup! If you do what you like you might just get something like this….Just get a look at this beauty! Courtesy of SVT.
1707055622702.jpeg
Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
If it makes you smile… Who cares what it does for anyone else
IMG_8810.jpeg

“Mach 1” exhaust/valance on my GT…
Is the pass side far right exhaust tip lower than the others or is it my eyes?

Keith S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Is the pass side far right exhaust tip lower than the others or is it my eyes?
I don’t think it’s your eyes… I think that muffler is very slightly twisted. The Ford performance Mach one exhaust kit adds additional clamps after the resonator … I need to get in there and fine tune it a little

emg75189

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmanuel
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT
If it makes you smile… Who cares what it does for anyone else
IMG_8810.jpeg

“Mach 1” exhaust/valance on my GT…
Did you install this yourself? If so was it hard, if not, if you don't mind me asking, about how much was it? This is the next mod I want to do.

Sponsored

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
As many MANY others have said on here; do what makes you happy. If we all griped about "you can't do this because (reasons)" then we should all take every single part of the car off because some other vehicle did it first. I'm pretty sure the Model T had 4 wheels yeah? Take those off! You can't be a Model T. Mirrors and Windows? Take those off too!! You get the idea.

That being said; if you add badges to pretend to be something you aren't that is a different story. I've seen a dude in my city with snakes on his car and he's driving a pretty stock GT.

The fun part comes when people look at your car and go "Look at that clown with a GT500 hood and spoiler; trying to be a Shelby. Bet it's just a stock GT. Let's buzz him" and then they find out it's not stock.

The two kinds of people get butthurt about this stuff are those who feel that their little slice of heaven separates them from the common folks (as in it's their entire identity) or those who are envious of what you have.

Last edited:

Keith S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Did you install this yourself? If so was it hard, if not, if you don't mind me asking, about how much was it? This is the next mod I want to do.
Yeah, I installed it myself on jackstands… Not too bad of an install, just takes some time and it’s a little fiddly but certainly something that can be done alone on jackstands. I used the Ford performance M -5200-ACT1 kit… the instructions on the ford performance website for install are pretty good.

I paid a little less than $1200 out the door for it… Used some FordPass points and they had a sale so that knocked the price down. They shipped it free to my local Ford dealer where I picked it up, so no additional shipping cost.

I’m definitely glad I did the mod, it vastly improves the look of the back of the car, and the included little rear stone guards are a nice touch with the 325s I have back there.