Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
"I'm gonna keep asking the same question until I get the answer I want" is akin to torturing someone for information.
Sooner or later I'm just going to say what you want.

YES!!!
YES!!!

MAGNETIC METALLIC IS A CINCH TO MATCH!!!

OH GOD MAKE IT STOP!!!!

OP
OP
MagneticGT76

MagneticGT76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Hey I’m pretty new here and I feel like everyone’s so nice thanks guys for all your responses

Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I don't think we can help you any more than we have. We've offered our experience, previous threads of like concerns, results and explained why somethings will simply look different upon reshooting.

I went back and looked at the pictures posted. FWIW, things genuinely look fine to me.

Ford's late model metallics flop quite a bit, depending on the level of light and where the light strikes. Skye appears completely different in low light versus bright. I've seen the same with other recent hues as well.

It's a known challenge getting water-based paints and clears covering plastics to look the same as solvent-based when covering metal panels.

Seek out a pro paint shop, one that does work on the higher end, are experts at paint matching and explain yourself. I'm assuming they'd re-shoot a panel or two, but it's just kind of moving these concerns to other parts of the car, other panels, which will then not match the ones they just painted.

Looks like a great car. If the recent paint work is sound, adhered and cured well, take it out and enjoy it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MagneticGT76

MagneticGT76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Thanks so much skye much appreciated