Sponsored

Magnaflow Catback mod to axleback?

laardilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT FB 2015 EU
Hey guys.

Does anyone ever tried to change his catback exhaust into an axle back to put the stock resonator back?

I bought Magnaflow Street Catback before some time, but i really disliked the xpipe deep drone/resonation inside cabin in around 2-3k RPMs.

So i took it off and went back to stock. But after i went to race track I definitly know i need some better sounding exhaust :)
Since my car is daily driven (5.0 2016 GT btw), i dont want to delete the resonator so I was thinking about modding the catback.

Is here someone who tried that?
Where is best to cut n connect to the stock exhaust? And how to connect it? (since stock is 2,5" and magnaflowe catback 3" diameter)
And will it sound similar to axle-back version or does it "deform" the sound in bad way?

Thank you for help and tips :)
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
If you try to do a cut and clamp you're more than likely going to end up with leaks. Best off taking the axleback section to a shop and having them weld it.

FWIW, you're still going to have the boomy resonance, it'll just be less intense. Going to a different axleback or catback that doesn't drone will solve your problem entirely. I would do that and attempt to sell the catback before hacking it up.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
If you try to do a cut and clamp you're more than likely going to end up with leaks. Best off taking the axleback section to a shop and having them weld it.

FWIW, you're still going to have the boomy resonance, it'll just be less intense. Going to a different axleback or catback that doesn't drone will solve your problem entirely. I would do that and attempt to sell the catback before hacking it up.
If you do this Corsa is a good no drone replacement option. I have a Corsa cat back set up. Hwy cabin noise is minimal. When I get on it definitely noticeable. If you plan to do LTH keep in mind what ever you get will be louder so plan accordingly.
Sponsored