Sponsored

Mach 1 vs Dark Horse Exhaust Note - Want to Install On '15 GT

P.R.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hey everyone,

I'm interested in installing the ford performance M-5200-ACT1 kit (https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-5200-ACT1). It includes the Mach 1 mufflers and comes with the added bonus of the diffuser and a new rear valence. I'm wondering how close this sound is to the new Dark Horse? I think the dark horse has the best sounding mustang exhaust I've heard recently (in videos). I know I'll need to do some custom work to get the active exhaust to work as well as the rear valence of an 18+ mustang to work with my 2015, but i'm not too concerned about those details. I will figure that out.

My main concern is exhaust note and sound. I recently installed an AWE Touring catback system on my car. It sounded great but was too loud for my day-to-day. I've realized I really want the ability to change exhaust modes. Does anyone have Knowledge of how similar the Mach 1 and Dark Horse exhausts sound? I haven't had the opportunity to hear the Mach 1.

Also, I wanted to know if there is any difference throughout the years on the stock resonator. Has this changed with any of the new model years? Want to know since it will change the sound.

Thanks!

mustang-active-exhaust-upgrade-kit-18-23-5-0-m-5200-act1_151491a8.jpg
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
They are very similar but I think they have slightly different tones. Not that one is deeper or raspier, etc, just different. I looked at a DH in November and heard a cold start from 3 feet behind it.

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Just leaving a note here for somebody else who is looking.
The S650 active exhaust GT muffler part number is the same as the S550 active exhaust GT muffler. The Parts Farm is parting out a S650 GT and it is easy to research from the photos of the take-off parts.
Sponsored