Lugs

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Is there a certain type of lugnut I should be running for 500+ whp? I bought Apex SM-10 rims but am wondering if I should swap out the OEM lugs for something more reliable. Also do open ended lugs really rust a lot quicker?
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a certain type of lugnut I should be running for 500+ whp? I bought Apex SM-10 rims but am wondering if I should swap out the OEM lugs for something more reliable. Also do open ended lugs really rust a lot quicker?
Swap the OEM lugs for gorilla or something else the OEM Lugs have a flow in the design and are super annoying. Open End lug nuts are a problem if you are not changing your wheel hubs/studs to often (in S550 you will change them). With that in mind there is two options for lug nuts Gorilla Lug Nuts (best closed lug nuts) and OP Mustang is selling amazing open end lug nuts that street racers use. But you should change the OEM ones regardless. I also bought a set of SM-10's hopefully the lug nuts I have will work with the ET26 fronts as this holes are deep.

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Swap the OEM lugs for gorilla or something else the OEM Lugs have a flow in the design and are super annoying. Open End lug nuts are a problem if you are not changing your wheel hubs/studs to often (in S550 you will change them). With that in mind there is two options for lug nuts Gorilla Lug Nuts (best closed lug nuts) and OP Mustang is selling amazing open end lug nuts that street racers use. But you should change the OEM ones regardless. I also bought a set of SM-10's hopefully the lug nuts I have will work with the ET26 fronts as this holes are deep.
Are these the ones? https://www.cjponyparts.com/gorilla...VqFwoebFM5uVMW-_519D223cO8_Y-0I4aAuW6EALw_wcB

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase