Blownfx

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullit
Vehicle Showcase
So I am still in the break in stage(640miles).
But I felt the need for speed and I decided to run Sally through the upper rpm range.
Man, this car Love's the triple digits!
Ride is smooth and solid. And for a stock engine, pulls nice in the uppers.
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've behaved so far (5500 maybe highest) but driving it any chance I get to get to that 1,600 km break-in threshold. Then I'll progressively go up the rpm range over the next 5 or so drives.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
I've behaved so far (5500 maybe highest) but driving it any chance I get to get to that 1,600 km break-in threshold. Then I'll progressively go up the rpm range over the next 5 or so drives.
Enjoy your car. A couple of days ago i was behind a new bullitt leaving a bank. I could tell the owner was having great fun....exhaust.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm at 300. Need to drive it more, but waiting for mods to put car back together :D.

Sponsored

Tacswa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt - Shadow Black
I'm at 250. Only have had it two weeks

SD-Harley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K6752
I must agree it is very hard to wait to hit the 1K mark, I must confess that I have slipped a few times already - just can’t help it, the car keeps asking me to go faster. Enjoy it!

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
I must agree it is very hard to wait to hit the 1K mark, I must confess that I have slipped a few times already - just can’t help it, the car keeps asking me to go faster. Enjoy it!
Oh yes this car likes to live above 4k. In my opinion break-in is overrated. I always have used the "common sense" rule rather than following the letter of law. Just take it easy no smokey burnouts and you'll be fine.

Last edited:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I suspect you're right on the break-in but with computer nannies on cars now I can see the dealer saying "the ECU shows that you revved the engine to 7410 on May 27, 2020 @ 12:47pm at location xyz" if something was to go wrong. I'd rather play it by the book so there's no quarrel there. Again, a small chance but worse things have happened.

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
I suspect you're right on the break-in but with computer nannies on cars now I can see the dealer saying "the ECU shows that you revved the engine to 7410 on May 27, 2020 @ 12:47pm at location xyz" if something was to go wrong. I'd rather play it by the book so there's no quarrel there. Again, a small chance but worse things have happened.
I get what you're saying but some guys are over the top. They get all worried if the manual says don't go over 65 mph and they mistakenly did 67. Break-in is not so much for the engine but the rest of the drivetrain. For example, every Hellcat engine is supposedly put on a 42-minute dyno at 90% load before they're put into the car. So much for break-in. I've never heard of a warranty claim being denied for improper break-in. Common Sense prevails.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I get what you're saying but some guys are over the top. They get all worried if the manual says don't go over 65 mph and they mistakenly did 67. Break-in is not so much for the engine but the rest of the drivetrain. For example, every Hellcat engine is supposedly put on a 42-minute dyno at 90% load before they're put into the car. So much for break-in. I've never heard of a warranty claim being denied for improper break-in. Common Sense prevails.
For sure and I get what you're saying as well. Like everything in life it's all about moderation.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
For sure and I get what you're saying as well. Like everything in life it's all about moderation.
When i was a puppy in 1975. I hung out at a vw shop. Build a motor....do burn outs it the parking lot. Didnt break....good motor
Sponsored