Local AZ Ford dealer offered me FP tune for $599

RubyRed_RN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP Ruby Red
I am a new Mustang Ecoboost owner and new to the community. I just got off the phone with a local Ford dealer and they offered me the Ford Performance calibration kit for $599 with an install charge of $131 and some change and they have it in stock. The parts guy said the listed cost was $725 but he could do $625. I then asked if he could price match online where I can get it for $579 (that’s CJponyparts but it’s $620 after shipping and Levittown is $600 after shipping). He said he would do $599.

Is this a no-brainer guys? I mean it sounds like the best deal I’m going to get but I’m new to all this and have been doing a ton of research in the last month about tunes and mods. Is the FP tune worth it? I chatted with Ford Performance online and they said the tune maintains my 5yr/60k mile powertrain warranty. I just bought the car with 20k miles. I’m thinking maybe this is the best way to go as well as add an intercooler and maybe a couple other minor things. Then as time goes by I can start getting more serious mods and by the time I hit 60k miles I can go ham with a real aftermarket performance tune. Thoughts? Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Sounds fair to me if the FP tune is what you want. I paid more for my kit and install up here in SF. You could most likely do better, but I wouldn’t quibble over forty bucks or whatever. If I could run my car into a local dealer as a one stop shop plus build a relationship with that service dept. it would be worth a few bucks more to me. No doubt to AZ guys have a better idea about what’s fair then me.

OP
OP
RubyRed_RN

RubyRed_RN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost PP Ruby Red
Sounds fair to me if the FP tune is what you want. I paid more for my kit and install up here in SF. You could most likely do better, but I wouldn’t quibble over forty bucks or whatever. If I could run my car into a local dealer as a one stop shop plus build a relationship with that service dept. it would be worth a few bucks more to me. No doubt to AZ guys have a better idea about what’s fair then me.
Do you have the FP tune? How is it?

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Do you have the FP tune? How is it?
I’m happy with it. Paired with my intercooler it’s all I need. I’d do it again.

Sponsored

AZboost18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edgar
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
I am a new Mustang Ecoboost owner and new to the community. I just got off the phone with a local Ford dealer and they offered me the Ford Performance calibration kit for $599 with an install charge of $131 and some change and they have it in stock. The parts guy said the listed cost was $725 but he could do $625. I then asked if he could price match online where I can get it for $579 (that’s CJponyparts but it’s $620 after shipping and Levittown is $600 after shipping). He said he would do $599.

Is this a no-brainer guys? I mean it sounds like the best deal I’m going to get but I’m new to all this and have been doing a ton of research in the last month about tunes and mods. Is the FP tune worth it? I chatted with Ford Performance online and they said the tune maintains my 5yr/60k mile powertrain warranty. I just bought the car with 20k miles. I’m thinking maybe this is the best way to go as well as add an intercooler and maybe a couple other minor things. Then as time goes by I can start getting more serious mods and by the time I hit 60k miles I can go ham with a real aftermarket performance tune. Thoughts? Thanks for the help.
PM the dealer I’m also in AZ..

Thx

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I paid a little less for my kit two years ago but a little more for the install. Good deal I think.
Sponsored