Sponsored

Livernois finds 80HP/100TQ from the 2.3L ecoboost? (SEMA 2021)

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I remember racing the 351 Cleveland engines and everyone said the head gaskets would not last with high compression pistons and with four head bolts around each cylinder and then Ford came out with a head gasket made in Germany. I bought the German head gaskets and never blew a head gasket so head gaskets can make a difference.
Sponsored

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
I have a livernois mycal, I first had it on my 18 explorer sport 3.5tt before my 19 5.0. i definitely noticed a performance boost. power wise and shifting felt much better. I didnt run it very often, however. or i should say i kept it on the 87 tune most often rather than the 93 tune. it's an explorer after all, i wasnt using it for drag racing and did not want the decrease in fuel mileage (mostly just from me driving more aggressively since it had more power) and also I figured increased engine wear. and all for what? an extra 40-50 hp in the heavy SUV? while i never dynoed it to confirm any power claims made by livernois, I felt a difference.

have the same mycal unit on my 19 5.0 and im using their flex/e85 tune and it really woke the car up.